Nandan Nilekani's Confidential UID Document Leaked

Anivar Aravind

Nov 13, 2009, 6:23:56 AM11/13/09
to Reader List, fourth-esta...@googlegroups.com, Greenyouth, Ullash Kumar R K, Sukla Sen
Wikileaks is a website that publishes anonymous submissions and leaks
of sensitive governmental, corporate, or religious documents, while
attempting to preserve the anonymity and untraceability of its
contributors. Wikileaks today published the Confidential plan on UID

Wikileaks Tweet Says : Confidential plans for 1.2 billion ID cards:
Creating a unique ID for every resident in India http://tr.im/EShS
http://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/5675837002

There is enormous critiques to UID from various angles. UID authority
was not responding to various RTI Requests by pointing silly reasons.

Last week a sarbajit roy<mail.sar...@gmail.com> Wrote the
following in a list about his complaint

*The Central Information Commission has undertaken a (very expeditious
for once) prima-facie enquiry into my Complaint (filed online) in RTI
Act that the UIDAI is not complying with mandate of RTI Act to
disclose its workings /processes proactively and involve the Indian
public in its decision making process.

The CIC's first level enquiry has found merit in my complaint and has
summoned the senior-most officer of UIDAI (not Nandan Nilekani) to
appear before it next week. A senior officer of the Planning
Commission has also been summoned along with him - as an issue has
arisen if the UIDAI is an "authority" or merely an "attached office"
of the Planning Commission
*

This leaking raises some serious issues . If UIDA is too much
concerned about the security of this leaked document and not
responding to numerous RTI requests about the project, It is the time
to think about the Security UIDA offers. Ho we can expect our data to
be safe with UIDA ?

~ Regards
Anivar Aravind

--
"[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and
'nonnumerical' algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from

Sukla Sen

Nov 13, 2009, 12:58:53 PM11/13/09
to green...@googlegroups.com, Reader List, fourth-esta...@googlegroups.com, Ullash Kumar R K, Sukla Sen
Thanks and Congrats!