Ventilation Technology Seminar - Mtn. View 12/14/07

1 view

Randy Potter

Dec 4, 2007, 2:26:41 PM12/4/07
to greene...@googlegroups.com
Dear Greenerhouse group member,

We will be hosting a free seminar n conjunction with PG&E on building ventilation technology at our studio in Mountain View that will be conducted by Judy Roberson, PG&E's local authority on ventilation science and technology.  The details are below, please RSVP to me at Randy....@voxdesigngroup.com if you or any of your friends or colleagues would like to attend.

Randy Potter

Director

Vox Design Group, Inc

421 Castro St.

Mountain View, CA 94041

(650)694-6200 ext.529

Randy....@voxdesigngroup.com

www.voxdesigngroup.com

VOX DESIGN GROUP   &   PG&E

Present

Putting the V in HVAC

Friday,  December 14         1:00 - 3:00 p.m.

Vox Design Center  421 Castro St.  Mtn. View

Energy-efficient buildings have low air leakage rates and therefore need affordable and reliable mechanical ventilation to provide outdoor air whenever windows are closed. Yet residential mechanical ventilation is the most confusing, controversial, and misunderstood concept in construction. Without effective ventilation systems, new buildings are destined to have problems with moisture, indoor air quality, and operating costs.  In this class, we will introduce you to the next (r)evolution in new construction and enable you to navigate the confusion, avoid the pitfalls, and jump start your success in providing affordable and effective mechanical ventilation.

Topics

·        Types and purposes of  ventilation

·        Infiltration vs. airtightness and ventilation

·        Residential pollutants and how to control them

·        Qualities of a good mechanical ventilation system

·        Types, pros and cons of mechanical ventilation systems

·        Ventilation fan selection, sizing, operation, and controls

·        ASHRAE Standard 62.2 and Title 24 requirements

·        Fan demonstrations, ducting, and installation issues

Instructor Profile: Judy Roberson
Judy Roberson is a residential building scientist at PG&E's Energy Training Center in Stockton. In 2004 she completed a M.S. in Architecture from UC Berkeley, where she wrote a thesis on ASHRAE's new residential ventilation Standard 62.2. As a Research Associate at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), she provided technical support to the federal Energy Star energy efficiency programs, including new and existing homes, commercial buildings, computers and monitors, office equipment, and miscellaneous electrical loads. Judy also earned a B.S. and M.S. from Texas A&M University. She learned building design and construction in Wisconsin, where she worked as an apprentice carpenter on multifamily housing projects, architectural drafter for a residential design-build firm, and an apprentice architect on passive solar residential and small commercial projects.

Please RSVP by December 12 to ra...@voxdesigngroup.com