Re [Green-India] Re: SunCube achieves certification

chan...@sancharnet.in

Feb 13, 2010, 12:59:55 PM2/13/10
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi All.
I have been a silent observer on SunCube issue for some time.
Let us put the issue straight. What we want out of a system? Power output as per claims.

SunCube is a modular scalable unit. One piece as it looks in the photograph is pretty small (Seems less than 2 sqm, Mr. Kelkar may confirm the exact size). It is very possible to install such one unit at many locations and record practical output with reference to the radiation at that location. If any performance curve is available for the SunCube (Power output Vs Global Solar Radiation) varification is easy.

I request Mr. Kelkar to share the performance curve of one unit and the cost at which he wants to offer. I understand the factory in Satara is already manufacturing the units, so it must be possible to sell few units to prospective clients like us. We have all instrumentation like solar sensors, data loggers, D.C. energy meter etc. required to record performance of the unit. We can purchase one and record the output data for our interest as well as for the interest of others. If there are any calculations available for prospective investors in the project, please share with us.
Regards,

Prof. Ajay Chandak.

Feb 13, 2010, 1:09:39 PM2/13/10
to green...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM, <chan...@sancharnet.in> wrote:

It is very possible to install such one unit at many locations and record practical output with reference to the radiation at that location. If any performance curve is available for the SunCube (Power output Vs Global Solar Radiation) varification is easy.

GGE recently published "12 months of measured SunCube AC kWh generation." The data is available here. Further, SunCube aperture is 1 Sq.m and it needs to spaced about 2m apart. Detailed specs are available on GGE and Square Engineering website.

Thanks,
Manu

Greg Watson

Feb 13, 2010, 7:18:19 PM2/13/10
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prof. Chandak,

We have recently published 12 months of AC kWhs production as against the
Nasa DNI for our rooftop test site with +- error bands. We also have
measured the SunCube's average DC conversion efficiency at 31% with 40% STC
and 1,000 Sun Emcore cells. By then taking the Nasa DNI data and the DC
conversion efficiency we can predict what the SunCube should produce at a
given lat and lon. Note the Nasa data is averaged over 22 years and average
over an area of 1 deg NS by 1 deg EW so localized conditions which may
effect the DNI availability may cause lower outputs.

http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au/Documents/GGESunCubeACkWhData20100126a.pdf

All the best,
Green and Gold Energy Pty., Ltd
Greg Watson, CEO
7 Provident Avenue, Glynde, 5070
South Australia, Australia, +61 8 8365 5844
http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au

"SunCube" and "SunBall Solar Battery" are
trademarks of Green and Gold Energy Pty Ltd

deepak kelkar

Feb 14, 2010, 12:51:19 AM2/14/10
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Within a period of 3-4 weeks maximum our plant in Satara will go online if all the equipments required for putting the plant showing video of the plant and outputs from the inverters are received as planned.

Doing this anyone who clicks the link will have a real time video and inverter log in details.   This will also have solar input data and data logger.  I hope none of the PV people would have done this.  Important is CPV being new player in the field will have to go naked to prove the metal  !!!

This is what I hope will answer all the questions.  Must complete this job to answer UL, IEECE CB etc  notions and show to the world that YES THE CUBE DELIVERS FROM WHAT EVER IT GETS FROM SUN, EFFICIENTLY.

Regards

Deepak Kelkar

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM, <chan...@sancharnet.in> wrote:

--