K-Meleon support

simon

Feb 26, 2007, 2:45:38 PM2/26/07
to greasemonkey-users
are you going to import this extension into K-Meleon (http://
kmeleon.sourceforge.net/) or K-Ninja (http://geocities.com/grenleef/)
web browser in the near future??

Aaron Boodman

Feb 26, 2007, 2:48:55 PM2/26/07
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
Not planning on it. I don't use either browser, so it isn't a priority
for me. However, if you have experience in this area, I would consider
accepting patches that make GM work on either browser.

- a

simon

Feb 26, 2007, 2:52:53 PM2/26/07
to greasemonkey-users
if you have experience in this area??? what do you mean by that??

On Feb 26, 9:48 pm, "Aaron Boodman" <b...@youngpup.net> wrote:
> Not planning on it. I don't use either browser, so it isn't a priority
> for me. However, if you have experience in this area, I would consider
> accepting patches that make GM work on either browser.
>
> - a

Anthony Lieuallen

Feb 26, 2007, 2:54:13 PM2/26/07
On 2/26/2007 2:52 PM, simon wrote:
> if you have experience in this area??? what do you mean by that??

Writing KMelon extensions / patching Firefox extensions to work on KMelon.

Aaron Boodman

Feb 26, 2007, 2:55:50 PM2/26/07
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
I mean if you know how to port Firefox extensions to K-Meleon, you
could make the change, and I would add it to Firefox.

Otherwise, you can file it as a bug
(http://greasemonkey.devjavu.com/projects/greasemonkey/report/1) and
perhaps someone else will implement it at some point.

- a

simon

Feb 26, 2007, 2:59:21 PM2/26/07
to greasemonkey-users
I'll see if i can find someone who is got an interest of what i wish
for, till then.. goodbye

and thank you very much for that very unusual and wonderful add-
on!!! :)

ddf

Jul 4, 2010, 6:13:01 PM7/4/10
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com

i tried porting to kmeleon, i got most functions to work..like
installing/adding and editing new scripts as well as opening the
manager..but couldn't make the scripts override websites..something with the
overlay, i think the problem is mainly in the component greasemonkey.js.. as
i haven't seen an initializer check which is important in kmeleon.

i'd like further assistance if possible, thank you

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/tests/k-gm-test.7z
to test in kmeleon, extract the package in kmeleon installation
folder...manually delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat and access from the tools
menu