In about 24 hours: Greasemonkey 0.9.0 release!

Anthony Lieuallen

Jan 14, 2011, 11:28:03 AM1/14/11
to greasemo...@googlegroups.com, greasemon...@googlegroups.com
I've got a blog post with all the changes highlighted, drafted and ready
to post. I've got a final release candidate build ready [1]. I plan to
upload this to AMO some time tomorrow. Very little has changed since
the first release candidate [2] except to address the critical issues
raised about it.

(Again, if you see a bug, it's best to report it in the tracker [3] or
discuss at the -dev list. I'm including -users in this announcement so
that our core users have the ability to preview the release.)

[1]
https://github.com/downloads/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/greasemonkey-0.9.0.xpi
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-dev/t/e38e30a978c63109
[3] https://github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/issues

Massimiliano Calamelli

Jan 14, 2011, 11:37:44 AM1/14/11
to greasemonkey-users
I checked the issue I reported here -> https://github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/issues/issue/1243
and it seems still alive.
Uhm, maybe i tagged it in the wrong way, sorry.

Massimiliano

On Jan 14, 5:28 pm, Anthony Lieuallen <arant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a blog post with all the changes highlighted, drafted and ready
> to post.  I've got a final release candidate build ready [1].  I plan to
> upload this to AMO some time tomorrow.  Very little has changed since
> the first release candidate [2] except to address the critical issues
> raised about it.
>
> (Again, if you see a bug, it's best to report it in the tracker [3] or
> discuss at the -dev list.  I'm including -users in this announcement so
> that our core users have the ability to preview the release.)
>
> [1]https://github.com/downloads/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/greasemonkey-0...

Anthony Lieuallen

Jan 14, 2011, 11:48:22 AM1/14/11
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Massimiliano Calamelli <mcala...@gmail.com> wrote:
I checked the issue I reported here -> https://github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/issues/issue/1243
and it seems still alive.

This is not a regression.  This is a feature that has never worked (including in currently published versions of Greasemonkey).  It would be a nice enhancement to add, but is not a reason to hold back the release.

Unfortunately, there's a variety of things that don't work in user scripts like this.  The reasons are complex enough that nobody has come up with a fix yet.

Massimiliano Calamelli

Jan 14, 2011, 11:51:12 AM1/14/11
to greasemonkey-users
Ok, thank you for the clarification.