Script re-ordering

MasterMind33

Jan 26, 2011, 9:10:34 AM1/26/11
to greasemonkey-users
Well, the new version is pretty, that's true... But the manager is
really a downgrade!
OK, incudes & excludes can be changed in the scripts pretty easily,
but sorting scripts out just sucks...

Scripts are executed in the order they appear. When having 30-40
scripts for a single website they have to be in a very -and I mean
VERY- specific order for all of them to work. Sorting them out used to
be easy, now each time you upgrade a script, having to do a "Right
Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right
Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right
Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right
Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right
Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right
Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up, Right Click->Move Up" instead of
a 2-second drag-n-drop is totally frustrating...

It may seem strange and rare having so many scripts, but for online
games (like Ikariam and OGame) this is a very common thing.
The best solution would be adding drag-n-drop support or hotkeys like
the old Alt+UP/DOWN but I believe it's not possible to add neither in
the Firefox extensions window though GM. So either a way to easily
sort scripts (maybe a GM config dialog for sorting them) or at least a
function to keep a script in it's previous position when upgrading (so
they only need to be placed correctly on the first time) should really
be added...

Thank you!

Anthony Lieuallen

Jan 26, 2011, 9:15:32 AM1/26/11
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
On 01/26/11 09:10, MasterMind33 wrote:
> a function to keep a script in it's previous position when upgrading
> (so they only need to be placed correctly on the first time)

This seems most likely to actually get implemented. A ticket for this
would make it happen sooner. (But no promises, of course.)
https://github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/issues