Gmail ads

Blake Winter

Nov 2, 2007, 10:10:31 PM11/2/07
to greasemonkey-users
Now that gmail seems to have upgraded, the old script no longer works
for blocking the "Sponsored Links." Is it possible to write a script
that simply does not display links containing
"*pagead2.googlesyndication.com*"?

Hans Schmucker

Nov 3, 2007, 8:42:58 AM11/3/07
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
Try AdBlock+ ... all it does is manage filter rules, so it can do what you want a lot better (and easier) than GM.

Trevor Jenkins

Nov 3, 2007, 9:32:25 AM11/3/07
On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Hans Schmucker <hanssc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try AdBlock+ ... all it does is manage filter rules, so it can do what you
> want a lot better (and easier) than GM.

AdBlock+ didn't work for me with GMail directed-ads.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!

Blake Winter

Nov 4, 2007, 6:24:43 PM11/4/07
to greasemonkey-users
I have had AdBlock+ for a while. But it seems that it only deals with
filters for ads that are "outsourced" from the page rather than
blocking links with certain content from appearing.
(Forgive my lack of knowledge of proper HTML terminology there).

Hans Schmucker

Nov 4, 2007, 6:30:27 PM11/4/07
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
Try to use one of the included lists, the filter that blocks the stuff in GMail on my system is
http://chewey.de/mozilla/data/adblock.txt

and the filter itself is

mail.google.com#div(class=rh)

Blake Winter

Nov 5, 2007, 12:34:16 AM11/5/07
to greasemonkey-users
Hm, that no longer works to block the Sponsored Links on the side.
Perhaps it has something to do with the update that occurreda couple
of days ago? The "classes" of the sponsored links all seem to differ
now, and none of them are rh.

On Nov 4, 6:30 pm, "Hans Schmucker" <hansschmuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try to use one of the included lists, the filter that blocks the stuff in

> GMail on my system ishttp://chewey.de/mozilla/data/adblock.txt

jtanzman

Nov 8, 2007, 8:26:36 PM11/8/07
to greasemonkey-users

You can use the new Gmail Greasemonkey API to hide the ads. See
http://code.google.com/p/gmail-greasemonkey/wiki/GmailGreasemonkey10API