Script could not be installed TypeError: match[2] is undefined

Yorv

Aug 11, 2011, 2:29:54 PM8/11/11
to greasemonkey-users
I get the error in the subject line installing any of my userscripts.
This happened after updating GM to 0.9.8. Reverting to 0.9.7 works.

(They have no @match lines BTW.)

Linux - OpenSUSE 11.4, Fx 5 (SUSE build)

I googled that error message - others seem to be getting it - but not
many: there are examples on French and Russion forums.

Anthony Lieuallen

Aug 11, 2011, 2:32:28 PM8/11/11
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
On Thu Aug 11 14:29:54 2011, Yorv wrote:
> I get the error in the subject line installing any of my userscripts.
> This happened after updating GM to 0.9.8. Reverting to 0.9.7 works.

Firefox 3? Also posted earlier today:
http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-users/t/c4f2ff23b01d8d81?hl=en

Nathan Carson

Aug 11, 2011, 2:37:43 PM8/11/11
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
Got it, thanks. IT works perfectly now.

Yorv

Aug 11, 2011, 2:49:07 PM8/11/11
to greasemonkey-users
On Aug 11, 7:32 pm, Anthony Lieuallen <arant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Firefox 3?

No - Firefox 5
And Firefox 6 in fact (beta Mozilla Linux build)

Anthony Lieuallen

Aug 11, 2011, 3:08:25 PM8/11/11
On Thu Aug 11 14:49:07 2011, Yorv wrote:
> No - Firefox 5
> And Firefox 6 in fact (beta Mozilla Linux build)

Oh sorry, missed the details you gave. This is
https://github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/issues/1391 -- downgrade
to 0.9.7 until 0.9.9 is out.

Yorv

Aug 11, 2011, 5:17:32 PM8/11/11
to greasemonkey-users
On Aug 11, 8:08 pm, Anthony Lieuallen <arant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This ishttps://github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/issues/1391-- downgrade
> to 0.9.7 until 0.9.9 is out.

OK, thanks. My scripts all have
// @namespace

I can't remember why. I guess I couldn't decide what to put there in
the first one and have copied that ever since!

LWChris@LyricWiki

Aug 12, 2011, 10:29:00 AM8/12/11
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com

I agree that it's not very clear what the namespace is, I thought that
meant "space for your name". Now I know that this is to group scripts
together and make it possible to have several identically named scripts
that aren't overwritten on install if the namespace is different. I can
have "Remove some links" in namespace Google and "Remove some links" in
namespace "Facebook" and they peacefully co-exist.

Chris

Michal Wojciechowski

Aug 21, 2011, 10:38:57 AM8/21/11
On 08/12/2011 04:29 PM, LWChris@LyricWiki wrote:

> I agree that it's not very clear what the namespace is, I thought that
> meant "space for your name". Now I know that this is to group scripts
> together and make it possible to have several identically named scripts
> that aren't overwritten on install if the namespace is different. I can
> have "Remove some links" in namespace Google and "Remove some links" in
> namespace "Facebook" and they peacefully co-exist.

Not quite. The namespace is basically an identifier which is unique for
the script's *author*, not the site that the script is supposed to run
on (like Google and Facebook). In most cases, the author's domain name
is used as namespace -- if the author owns one, of course.

For more information on this, see:
http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/helloworld/metadata.html ("Dive into
Greasemonkey" is outdated, but most of the information about metadata is
still valid).

--
Michal Wojciechowski

Michal Wojciechowski