Firebug screws GM & frames/iframes?

Rod McGuire

Mar 16, 2007, 10:27:33 PM3/16/07
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com

I've been working on a script for Salon that uses iframes

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/7710

(is an older version.)

and have had all sorts of mysterious problems that seem to come and go.

E.g: Greasemonkey never running on top-levels pages or iframes, cross-site
errors when things are really at the same site (i.e: the script tries to find
an ID in a sub-frame and throws "uncaught exception: Permission denied to get
property HTMLDocument.getElementById"), the "busy" mouse cursor icon not going
away either on the page or in the chrome, and other weird stuff that hasn't
recurred for me to get a handle on it

Given that there has been discussion on the Firebug list

http://groups.google.com/group/firebug/topics

along the lines that "firebug breaks Ajax".

I guessed maybe that Firebug was causing my script problems. For the last 26
hours I have had Firebug disabled and haven't had any mysterious problems.

Firebug 1.01, Greasemonkey 0.6.8.20070307.0, Firefox 2.0.0.2