script does not work until clicking a link

crater2150

Jun 13, 2007, 3:06:21 PM6/13/07
to greasemonkey-users
hi,
I wanted to write my first userscript. At my first attempt (http://
crater2150.de/files/mirandagbo.user.js) I noticed, that it didn't take
effect, until I clicked a link on the page.
When I open a page, it does nothing, not until I leave the page via a
link, refreshing also doesn't help.
What's wrong with my script?

Thank you in advance for any help

RodMcguire

Jun 13, 2007, 3:25:34 PM6/13/07
to greasemonkey-users
On Jun 13, 3:06 pm, crater2150 <crater2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's wrong with my script?

I see nothing wrong with it and it works fine for me (FF 2.0.0.4, GM
0.7.20070523.0). What are you running?

crater2150

Jun 13, 2007, 3:43:35 PM6/13/07
to greasemonkey-users
i also have Firefox/2.0.0.4, but my greasemonkey version is
0.7.20070607.0

RodMcguire

Jun 13, 2007, 4:55:31 PM6/13/07
to greasemonkey-users
The only thing I can think of is some other extension is messing
things up. The easiest way to check is to create a new profile that
only has GM.

http://wiki.greasespot.net/Profile_directory

though I can't think of any reason foran extension to mess with
DOMContentLoaded.

http://wiki.greasespot.net/DOMContentLoaded

As a final resort you could try uninstalling and reinstalling FF.

crater2150

Jun 13, 2007, 5:34:54 PM6/13/07
to greasemonkey-users
After some testing it seems, that greasemonkey doesn't work correctly,
when Firebug is installed
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/1843?id=1843&application=firefox

but it only seems to have problems with some functions, most of my
installed scripts work.

RodMcguire

Jun 14, 2007, 12:36:36 AM6/14/07
to greasemonkey-users
On Jun 13, 5:34 pm, crater2150 <crater2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After some testing it seems, that greasemonkey doesn't work correctly,
> when Firebug is installed

I've included your Firebug problem in an update to the GreaseSpot
entry on Firebug because others have found random errors when co-
running that extension. (so far all unexplained)

However when I tried to finalize my edits to the below sub-page I got
a 'Database error' page, so it might not be viable until the DB gets
unwedged.

http://wiki.greasespot.net/Useful_Tools_for_Script_Writers

I have saved my edits, so when I can update that page they will
eventually appear.

.