Osborne prepares to cut welfare spending by a further £10bn as expected

Sandman

Aug 31, 2012, 3:16:28 AM8/31/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Of course this smarmy arsehole was going to have another go at the
most vulnerable, that's all they know, how to pick on the weakest and
get away with it, because they know they can't fight back, different
matter when it comes to the wealthy and financial services, he then
assumes the grovelling stance, please don't go,we will give you more,
and more, and more.

Affa

Aug 31, 2012, 5:52:15 AM8/31/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com

The best way to cut the Welfare bill is to create the jobs and aid the economy.
By making these plans George is giving up on that, has thrown in the towel.

The sooner he goes the sooner it can begin to get better - hopefully.

jar

Aug 31, 2012, 7:13:36 AM8/31/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
It may be him but I am reading that its the Lib Dems who are up for increasing the tax burden. Darling and Major told us that there was going to be a tax bombshell but I had foolishly thought  that there would be a greater effort to stop opportunists from raising prices to the extent that they have. OK we all feel that we are being pinched from both sides but there really must be something that is done to help out those that obviously need it. Removing the tax barrier to higher levels is fine but what about those that dont reach those levels . I understand why their is a battle against welfare claimants and when they catch them all the better but nothing much seems to being done to those that are really struggling.

Sandman

Aug 31, 2012, 7:52:42 AM8/31/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
This government has never shown an interest, in balancing out the
tax burden fairly across the board, the liberals want the personal
allowance raised to £10k, it should be £15k, we have a minimum
wage that is a joke, most people who take a job on minimum, have
to have their money boosted by tax credits, so why are they taxed
in the first place, the minimum wage should be £9-50hr, any decent
business should be able to pay that, those that can't are effictively
being subsidised by the tax payer. Why hasn't there been intervention
by the government to curb excessive profits by utilities, why haven't
they got to grips with the futures markets,  to stop the banks from
funding it for excessive profits, the new for profits investments have
move from the traditional markets, to commodities that are essentials,
and they are getting away with it, the banks are still the masters of the
world, that no government the world over has the balls to control.

theflyer

Aug 31, 2012, 7:55:11 AM8/31/12
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)
I am sure TB will justify all that the Chancellor is doing.
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/aug/30/osborne-to-cut-welfare...- Hide quoted text -

ewill

Aug 31, 2012, 9:41:55 AM8/31/12
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)
Commodities markets are thousands of years old probably dating back
well before the classical civililisations , they even traded in
futures (ie promised delivery dates)

There's nothing new about them

jar

Aug 31, 2012, 10:31:46 AM8/31/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
well so we are not surprised that we are in the position you describe then Sandman . However havnt lots of people got their fingers badly burnt in the futures market.
Do you think that the minimum wage should be hiked up when we have such a high unemployment figure . I heard today that the US figure is around £4 million which is pretty good in comparison to ours . Would that be anything to do with their lack of welfare facilities? If you read my posts you will see that I too question the ineffective role played by these quangoes that have been set up to control price hikes not only by utilities but by opportunists mainly in food.
The temptations that at least in theory that could be put in front of those that are supposed to rein in price hikes are obviously too tempting to resist. The deal was as far as I and I suspect many others saw that yes due to our financial situation which ever gvt got in we were in for a period of austerity whatI didnt expect were these huge price hikes . It really isnt enough for people especially families not to be able to enjoy minimal treats. When I was asked could various staff work to get extra for their annual hols I turned it down because I firmly believe that to get the best out of a person they should have a break from the monotiny. This should be available to all that need it.

Affa

Aug 31, 2012, 6:20:46 PM8/31/12

On Friday, August 31, 2012 12:13:36 PM UTC+1, jar wrote:

It may be him but I am reading that its the Lib Dems who are up for increasing the tax burden. Darling and Major told us that there was going to be a tax bombshell but I had foolishly thought  that there would be a greater effort to stop opportunists from raising prices to the extent that they have. OK we all feel that we are being pinched from both sides but there really must be something that is done to help out those that obviously need it. Removing the tax barrier to higher levels is fine but what about those that dont reach those levels . I understand why their is a battle against welfare claimants and when they catch them all the better but nothing much seems to being done to those that are really struggling.

***** five stars Jar,

Affa

jar

Aug 31, 2012, 7:00:29 PM8/31/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Lol Affa only in your eyes

Jonksy

Aug 31, 2012, 11:19:21 PM8/31/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
No in everyones eyes that have a working braincell OLD man..

GBur3

Sep 1, 2012, 8:02:50 AM9/1/12
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)
He's a nasty bit of work - with a face you would never tire of
punching.

His vileness the camoron should keep him though - he's doing a great
job ;0)
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/aug/30/osborne-to-cut-welfare...

Trueblue

Sep 1, 2012, 1:05:42 PM9/1/12

On Friday, 31 August 2012 12:55:12 UTC+1, theflyer wrote:
I am sure TB will justify all that the Chancellor is doing.

Absolutley, I'd cut welfare even further

Jonksy

Sep 1, 2012, 4:37:25 PM9/1/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
He is labours greatest asset Alex..