"He leads a grubby government"

Affa

May 31, 2012, 4:46:16 PM5/31/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
This was the response then opposition party leader Michael Howard made on the release of the Sir Alan Budd enquiry into the
alleged breaking the ministerial code by David Blunkett.
Mr Howard said the controversy again showed the prime minister's government was a "stranger to the truth".
At a news conference at Conservative Campaign Headquarters in central London, Mr Howard repeated his call for a judge-led inquiry into the controversy.

He (Mr Blair) leads a grubby government, that gives favour for finance," he said."A grubby government that is a stranger to the truth, a grubby government that intimidates people who don't agree with it."In short, a grubby government low on integrity, light on honesty and lacking in all humility."

Sir Alan had given an open verdict ..... there was no evidence that Blunkett had 'fast tracked' the visa application of his girlfriends nanny, but there was a chain of events linking him to it.

The report made this conclusion ..........
  • What was clear was that at some point after Mrs Quinn had raised the case with Mr Blunkett an official in Mr Blunkett's office had contacted the office of the director general of the immigration directorate about the case

  • As a result, the case was re-considered and leave to remain in the UK was granted on 12 May

  • Mr Blunkett's private secretary e-mailed the private secretary of the director general of the IND on the 8 May asked for an "update on the settlement (domestic worker) case I faxed through to you the other day?"

  • On 9 May the director general's private secretary e-mailed back saying: "Sorted - she has been granted ILR - papers will be sent to her shortly. The case was in ICU so they pulled it out of the queue and made a decision - ( no special favours, only what they would normally do - but a bit quicker."

  • Sir Alan said he had not been able to discover whether Mr Blunkett had given any instructions over the application and if so, what they had been

  • He had been "unable to link Mr Blunkett to the sending of faxes to the IND

A remarkable similarity where a 'private secretary/advisor' to the minster exchanged e-mails (two in the Blunkett affair) and supposedly acting on instructions from the minister. Not so in his case says Jeremy Hunt, Adam Smith acted without my instruction.

 David Blunkett resigned, because the affair had damaged the government and had created difficulties for it. Jeremy Hunt has not.

 Now back to how Michael Howard described it .............. I would dearly like to interview him today and hear what has to say about this government's integrity.

Trueblue

May 31, 2012, 4:58:29 PM5/31/12
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)

Its hillarious whatching Labour whinge Hunt had a friendly
relationship with James Murdoch, Tessa Jowel for example attended
several Murdock parties

Affa

May 31, 2012, 5:11:14 PM5/31/12

On Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:58:29 PM UTC+1, Trueblue wrote:

Its hillarious whatching Labour whinge

 I told you long ago that what you, what the Tories, said whilst in opposition would be returned to you ....
 Yes; I fully understand that having no integrity at all will aid you to dismiss these reminders, but remind I will.

Trueblue

May 31, 2012, 5:19:32 PM5/31/12

On May 31, 10:11 pm, Affa <Affajee...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:58:29 PM UTC+1, Trueblue wrote:
>
> > Its hillarious whatching Labour whinge
>
>  I told you long ago that what you, what the Tories, said whilst in
> opposition would be returned to you ....

What has Hunt done wrong Affa, Labour eased the rules to allow Murdock
to take over Bskyb but delayed making a decission when the phone
hacking scandle they tried to stiffle blew up, you tell me what MP of
any party who wouldn't have a view on the Murdochs one way or the
other

jar

Jun 1, 2012, 4:59:47 AM6/1/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
lol except we musnt recall Blair and Mandlesons machinations . You dont see a foul when your side commits one Affa but its a red card whenever the opposition appears to have transgressed. I couldnt believe my ears when the new dressed over Jackie ???? was pontificating about Hunt

Trueblue

Jun 1, 2012, 5:54:37 AM6/1/12

On Jun 1, 9:59 am, jar <jar...@aol.com> wrote:
> lol except we musnt recall Blair and Mandlesons machinations .

I'm struggling to get Labours point, are they angry Hunt REJECTED
Murdochs bid

Sandman

Jun 1, 2012, 6:34:33 AM6/1/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Labour are doing exactly what the tories did when they were in
opposition, political infighting and making points that only serves
their own interests, and how they want to be seen. In the meantime
the country burns, through lack of political will to get the country
back on course.

jar

Jun 1, 2012, 7:48:45 AM6/1/12
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Cant deny that Sandman but its not the right way for an opposition to hold a gvt to question especially when you think of the other problems that the country is having to face which need a concerted effort. There are times when the country would benifit from a rest from party politics.