Voters backing Ukip at crucial Eastleigh by-election

Jonksy

Feb 28, 2013, 7:06:27 PM2/28/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com

Voters backing Ukip at crucial Eastleigh by-election

UKIP are in with a chance of winning today's crucial Eastleigh by-election, analysis has found, with the closely fought contest set to reach a dramtic end.

UKIP-leader-Nigel-Farage-and-the-party-s-prospective-candidate-Diane-James-

UKIP leader Nigel Farage and the party's prospective candidate Diane James

The Liberal Democrats, Tories and Ukip are all battling it out to win today's by-election, with the result seemingly being too close to call as voters head for the polls.

The most recent polls have put the Lib Dems on 33 per cent, the Conservatives on 28 per cent, Ukip on 21 per cent and Labour trailing on 12 per cent.

However, the only party with significant upwards momentum during the campaign is UKIP, analysis by Survation argued.

"Already UKIP is within the margin of error of the Conservatives and very slightly overlapping with the Liberal Democrats," it said.

"It is possible that the last two polls on the chart understate UKIP support by several points – meaning that it has continued to increase at a faster rate than the chart initially indicates.

"UKIP are within touching distance of second place, and with reports from Eastleigh suggesting their ground game has been surprisingly organised, it is conceivable that they will pass at least one of the two main parties by polling day."

The party have managed to fill the niche that Labour had hoped to occupy as the anti-government vote, the analysis said – increasing the number of votes taken away from the Liberal Democrats and Conservatives.

Anything is possible, the report states, if UKIP continue to take more votes from both main parties and manage to maintain their momentum.

Ukip's prospective candidate Diane James on the hustings in Eastleig

The possibility that Ukip could pull off a surprise outside victory should not be entirely discounted

Survation

"The possibility that they could pull off a surprise outside victory, as George Galloway did in Bradford West a year ago, should not be entirely discounted," Survation added.

Ukip leader, Nigel Farage, who decided not to stand himself, said he would be “very disappointed” if his party only comes in third.

The Conservatives meanwhile, have been hoping that Lib Dem voters may be put off by Nick Clegg's handling of the Lord Rennard sexual harrassment allegations.

"The ongoing media furore over allegations against Lib Dem peer Lord Rennard would seem to some to be meaningful, as with Chris Huhne’s resignation, the impression of politicians generally in the minds of most voters is already so negative that it is unlikely to significantly alter their perception of any particular party," the report said.

This morning, David Cameron made a last-minute plea for voters to back his Tory candidate in the Eastleigh by-election over her support for cutting immigration, welfare and the deficit.

The Conservatives would be unlikely to win the next general election without winning seats such as Eastleigh.

David Davis, the former shadow Home Secretary, said such an outcome would lead to a “crisis” for the Prime Minister.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/380865/Voters-backing-Ukip-at-crucial-Eastleigh-by-election

Trueblue

Feb 28, 2013, 7:19:01 PM2/28/13

On Friday, March 1, 2013 12:06:27 AM UTC, Jonksy wrote:

Voters backing Ukip at crucial Eastleigh by-election

So not backing the left wing marxist racist fascist BNP

Jonksy

Feb 28, 2013, 7:23:09 PM2/28/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Ah bless,,Yus got it bad boy...

Trueblue

Feb 28, 2013, 7:28:27 PM2/28/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, March 1, 2013 12:23:09 AM UTC, Jonksy wrote:
Ah bless,,Yus got it bad boy...

Way over your flawed brain cell Plonksy.

Jonksy

Feb 28, 2013, 7:35:06 PM2/28/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Nothing flawed about my braincell lacky..I aint the one who keeps harping on about a party who haven't even fielded a candidate..Oh dear like I said boy yus got it bad..

Trueblue

Feb 28, 2013, 7:44:49 PM2/28/13

On Friday, March 1, 2013 12:35:06 AM UTC, Jonksy wrote:
Nothing flawed about my braincell lacky

How would you know, its clear to all you thick as a plank

Jonksy

Feb 28, 2013, 7:52:31 PM2/28/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Ah bless you has got it bad boy..

AWM

Feb 28, 2013, 8:19:24 PM2/28/13
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)
Says the numpty who fails to grasp the concept of democratic
elections.

Briar

Mar 1, 2013, 5:33:41 AM3/1/13
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)
The only thing that the result of this election revealed was, imho,
how useless the present electoral system is for finding people who can
express the wishes of the public in the legislature. It is high time
to scrap the whole expensive sham and replace it with selection by
lot.

Only such a method will really supply a legislature that reflects the
totallity of views and in the proper proportions for each.

It is also absurd to even expect that professional politicians can
ever truly express the wishes of their supposed constituents,
especially when they are chosen, trained and funded by the political
parties, who even have their own bully boys in parliament whose job is
to make sure the little children obey the Party LIne !

Amost 50 % were less than impressed by the range of candidates on
offer, and refused to support anyone. What this is not is Democracy,
it is at best Politocracy, at worst just a great big scam.

On Mar 1, 12:06 am, Jonksy <jon...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]
> put off by Nick Clegg's handling of the Lord Rennard sexual harrassment
> allegations.
>
> "The ongoing media furore over allegations against Lib Dem peer Lord
> Rennard would seem to some to be meaningful, as with Chris Huhne’s
> resignation, the impression of politicians generally in the minds of most
> voters is already so negative that it is unlikely to significantly alter
> their perception of any particular party," the report said.
>
> This morning, David Cameron made a last-minute plea for voters to back his
> Tory candidate in the Eastleigh by-election over her support for cutting
> immigration, welfare and the deficit.
>
> The Conservatives would be unlikely to win the next general election
> without winning seats such as Eastleigh.
>
> David Davis, the former shadow Home Secretary, said such an outcome would
> lead to a “crisis” for the Prime Minister.

jaria

Mar 1, 2013, 6:20:32 AM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
A politician will tell you that he or she is voted in for their good judgement and ability to make the right decision in your own best interests and that is the way they see themselves representing you best.
I've always favored either taking a test on your knowledge of what you know about politics as you would appreciate if you asked some voters and heard their ignorant replies or answering questions on politics feeding it into a computer which would tell you which party best represents your interests.
Lets be thankful we vote for the politician and not the region as they do in Egypt

Trog

Mar 1, 2013, 6:23:56 AM3/1/13
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)
The only party to come out well in this election was UKIP, and
surprisingly the LIB dems held the seat for they are down the drain
most places elsewhere. and for many Labour is no longer an option. so
the result changes nothing in the HOC.

What Cameron does not seem to understand is how strongly the feelings
are about immigration, with its culture changing numbers and failing
integration, even if the numbers have dropped by a quarter, meaning of
course that three quarters are still arriving.
The potential arrival of many thousands more next year has not been
addressed, and until it is and with total honestyand decisive action
UKIP will continue to rise. It suggests they will do very well at the
next EU elections.
Cameron has to face bigger divisions within his own party if he does
not address the matters of concern within it
Well donr UKIP and hard luck Labour who came nowhere.
> > How would you know, its clear to all you thick as a plank- Hide quoted text -

MIDGE

Mar 1, 2013, 6:28:09 AM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
CRUCIALL???? GAWD YOU LOT GET WORSE

Jonksy

Mar 1, 2013, 7:39:28 AM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Ah bless then blame it on the editor of the express then Midge..This is a bloody disaster for the tories and no amount of the usual bullshit can hide the FACT..

Trueblue

Mar 1, 2013, 7:49:27 AM3/1/13

On Friday, 1 March 2013 11:23:56 UTC, Trog wrote:

What Cameron does not seem to understand is how strongly the feelings
are about immigration, with its culture changing numbers and failing
integration,

How do you read it Trog, a Liberal stronghold voting UKIP, very strange indeed, Cameron has allienated many conservative core voters with his Gay marriage and Liberal leanings.

jaria

Mar 1, 2013, 8:06:44 AM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Does it cross your mind that out of 480 by elections the gvt at the time have only one four of them? By elections are protest time and that was the result of a poll on that very question. What the Tories have to understand is that they were protesting against their policies and the sooner Cameron realizes that the better for his party and this country

aussietrucker

Mar 1, 2013, 9:45:41 AM3/1/13
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)
The question asked of Cameron on our news was. Are the voters
deserting the Tories for UKIP or are the just deserting the Tories.

On 1 Mar, 00:06, Jonksy <jon...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]
> put off by Nick Clegg's handling of the Lord Rennard sexual harrassment
> allegations.
>
> "The ongoing media furore over allegations against Lib Dem peer Lord
> Rennard would seem to some to be meaningful, as with Chris Huhne’s
> resignation, the impression of politicians generally in the minds of most
> voters is already so negative that it is unlikely to significantly alter
> their perception of any particular party," the report said.
>
> This morning, David Cameron made a last-minute plea for voters to back his
> Tory candidate in the Eastleigh by-election over her support for cutting
> immigration, welfare and the deficit.
>
> The Conservatives would be unlikely to win the next general election
> without winning seats such as Eastleigh.
>
> David Davis, the former shadow Home Secretary, said such an outcome would
> lead to a “crisis” for the Prime Minister.

Trog

Mar 1, 2013, 1:33:55 PM3/1/13
to GPPS (General Politics People and Society)
Never been a fan of Cameron and I voted for David Davies, TB, who I
think would have been a much better leader,and one the general public
would find it easy to relate to with a lot less posh baggage that
seems to grate with many.
All the parties are bound by past treaties, signed up to by previous
governments, and they would be doing many of the things that Cameron
is bound to follow. I don't believe for one moment that Labour would
do better, for most of the onerous treaties signed up to was signed by
them. I find this election interesting for the size oif the protest
vote, and the reasons for it, Its bound to make all take notice of
it.

jaria

Mar 1, 2013, 2:12:35 PM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Don't you have by elections where you live OZ . There have been 480 of them and the party in gvt have won just 4 of them. They are a protest vote and there's quite a lot to protest about with some of Cameron's useless vanity projects. It's part of a good democratic situation and Cameron ignores them at his peril

Affa

Mar 1, 2013, 3:03:53 PM3/1/13

On Friday, March 1, 2013 6:33:55 PM UTC, Trog wrote:

I don't believe for one moment that Labour would
do better, for most of the onerous treaties signed up to was signed by
them.

 Another who rewrites history, except the actual history is still available.

 1961 Britain Denmark and Ireland apply to join the EEC - Harold Macmillan -
1973 Britain Denmark and Ireland join the European Community - Ted Heath
1979 The road to the euro begins with the EMS - Mrs Thatcher
1987 The Single European Act enters into force - Mrs T
1988 Regional aid is doubled - Mrs T
1990 Britain enters the ERM . John Major as Chancellor - Mrs T as PM.
1991 Maastricht turns the Community into a Union - John Major
1993 The Treaty on European Union comes into effect - John Major

jaria

Mar 1, 2013, 3:13:12 PM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Too embarrassed or biased to list Labours support AFFA, it would also have helped to be able to appreciate the situation had you put a bit more info on these treaties but that would have meant Blair giving back half of our rebate. Look again and you will see where the treaties were that got us into this trouble.
What you have posted here is knowingly deceptive. EW has a point

Affa

Mar 1, 2013, 3:39:10 PM3/1/13

On Friday, March 1, 2013 8:13:12 PM UTC, jaria wrote:

What you have posted here is knowingly deceptive. EW has a point

 What I posted was in answer to Trog saying
' I don't believe for one moment that Labour would
do better, for most of the onerous treaties signed up to was signed by them.

I didn't initiate the topic, Trog did. I do not accuse him deception, but if you choose to call
drawing attention to signed treaties deception, so be it. Trog was deceiving us.
That list of treaties signed by Conservatives too many of which are now onerous as Trog says,
shows how involved they were - still are, as Cameron proves.

Trueblue

Mar 1, 2013, 3:39:27 PM3/1/13

On Friday, March 1, 2013 8:03:53 PM UTC, Affa wrote:

 1961 Britain Denmark and Ireland apply to join the EEC - Harold Macmillan -
1973 Britain Denmark and Ireland join the European Community - Ted Heath
Errr You missed Harold Wilsson who applied to join the EEC before Heath and then renegociated membership after Heath

jaria

Mar 1, 2013, 4:24:21 PM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
I asked you AFFA why you chose not to include those signed up by Labour and did not include basic information on the importance or damage. Now having neglected to do that you tell us that you have read them and the blame lay with the Tories. Knowing where your preferences lie I am not willing to accept your judgement especially when one of your colleagues on this board clearly stated that each was equally to blame . Although he has the same preferences he manages to control his political bias somewhat better than you do, although in my opinion not as much as he should do

jaria

Mar 1, 2013, 4:24:21 PM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com

Affa

Mar 1, 2013, 4:28:53 PM3/1/13

On Friday, March 1, 2013 9:24:21 PM UTC, jaria wrote:

I asked you AFFA why you chose not to include those signed up by Labour and did not include basic information on the importance or damage.

 Firstly, I made no comment at all as to what harm (or good) any of those treaties brought.
 I did not say they were damaging, but they were IMPORTANT.
 If you desire to know what treaties Labour signed, look it up.

jaria

Mar 1, 2013, 4:46:17 PM3/1/13
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Ok AFFA I do understand your reluctance