Got To Do v1.1 & Got To Do Lite v1.1 are now available

Andy Sadler

Mar 31, 2010, 4:26:21 PM3/31/10
to Got To Do for Android
Lots of changes in this release - hope you enjoy

1.1
===
* Internal refactor of data access layer, in preparation for more
complex app layer defined filtering
* BUG FIX - fix hot list due in next 1 days, now only shows tasks due
today if set to 1 day.
* Added template due date settings of - Next Saturday and Next Sunday
* Added full configuration of hotlist priority and due in n days,
either use the TD account settings or override them locally in the
app. (default is to use TD account settings)
* Added configuration of future task filtering, either use the TD
account settings or override them locally in the app. (default is off)
* Upgraded admob jars in lite version
* Added context <None> to contexts summary, to show those tasks with
no context
* Added folder <None> to folders summary, to show those tasks with no
folder
* Add long click menu to context and folder - DELETE option added
* BUG FIX - deleting folders/contexts on TD that are referenced in
task templates was failing
* BUG FIX - correctly remove children added locally to parents deleted
remotely - remove them
* Added 2 new summary items - Today, Tomorrow. These are both OFF by
default, use 'Configure Summary' to make them visible.

Rick12

Mar 31, 2010, 5:46:50 PM3/31/10
to Got To Do for Android
Very nice! Thanks!

Josh Morgan

Mar 31, 2010, 9:37:39 PM3/31/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
I like the filter settings for the Hotlist. However, is there a way yet to filter out based on start date, not just due date? I have several tasks that I want to appear a few days before the actual due date, while others I just want to appear that day...

Very nice! Thanks!

Andy Sadler

Apr 1, 2010, 3:28:42 AM4/1/10
to Got To Do for Android
The hotlist, by default, filters out tasks whose start date is in the
future (if they have one). This was a change in this release, that is
not on the list!

Andy

On Apr 1, 2:37 am, Josh Morgan <bluaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the filter settings for the Hotlist. However, is there a way yet to
> filter out based on start date, not just due date? I have several tasks that
> I want to appear a few days before the actual due date, while others I just
> want to appear that day...

Dave

Apr 1, 2010, 12:33:46 PM4/1/10
to Got To Do for Android
Actually, it also seems to filter out tasks whose start date is
today. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Am I missing something?

Josh Morgan

Apr 1, 2010, 12:43:13 PM4/1/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
I went through those tasks, and for some reason the start date was not advanced along with the end date for repeating tasks. When I fixed them, they disappeared from the Hotlist.

Andy Sadler

Apr 1, 2010, 1:11:59 PM4/1/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
Well i never touch start date in repeating tasks :)  What is the TD behaviour in this case?

Andy

Astar

Apr 1, 2010, 5:18:22 PM4/1/10
to Got To Do for Android
Really nice app.
Do you have any todo sheets?

And some notes (or feature requests)
1. Paid app should import/share database with lite app. Otherwise
during lite->paid switch you should sync it through toodledo service
to have your tasks.
2. tags editor should have some kind of auto-filling/suggestion.
3. any plans for "goals"?

Anyway, great job!
Thank you

Josh Morgan

Apr 1, 2010, 8:59:02 PM4/1/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
Good question. I just changed the start date in GTD and only started using TD after I used your app. Looking at TD, I don't even see start dates...

JonR

Apr 2, 2010, 5:06:35 PM4/2/10
to Got To Do for Android
With this most recent update all of my archived folders from Toodledo
are showing up in the app as well. Prior to update the archived
folders did not appear - the only ones that appeared were the current
folders being used at Toodledo

On Mar 31, 3:26 pm, Andy Sadler <a...@gottodoapp.com> wrote:

> Lots of changes in this release - hope you enjoy
>
> 1.1
> ===
> * Internal refactor of data access layer, in preparation for more
> complex app layer defined filtering
> * BUG FIX - fix hot list due in next 1 days, now only shows tasks due
> today if set to 1 day.
> * Added template due date settings of - Next Saturday and Next Sunday
> * Added full configuration of hotlist priority and due in n days,
> either use the TD account settings or override them locally in the
> app. (default is to use TD account settings)
> * Added configuration of future task filtering, either use the TD
> account settings or override them locally in the app. (default is off)
> * Upgraded admob jars in lite version
> * Added context <None> to contexts summary, to show those tasks with
> no context

> * Added folder <None> tofolderssummary, to show those tasks with no

> folder
> * Add long click menu to context and folder - DELETE option added

> * BUG FIX - deletingfolders/contexts on TD that are referenced in

Josh Morgan

Apr 3, 2010, 9:26:06 PM4/3/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed that there were 2 or 3 tasks that were supposed to show up in the Hotlist today. They appear online on TD, but not GTD... I did a manual sync just in case, and that's not working. There are no boxes checked for the Hotlist settings, so it should be using the TD settings.

Andy Sadler

Apr 4, 2010, 6:41:21 AM4/4/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
Do the missing tasks have due time as well as due date?

Andy

Josh Morgan

Apr 4, 2010, 9:44:05 AM4/4/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, they have both. And interestingly, they reappeared this morning...

Andy Sadler

Apr 4, 2010, 11:00:25 AM4/4/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
That is because i am currently using the time if there is one too.  I guess TD just use the date, even if there is a time.

Andy

Qrystal

Apr 4, 2010, 11:59:17 AM4/4/10
to Got To Do for Android

There's definitely some tasks missing from the Hotlist, and one task
that shows up on the Hotlist that shouldn't yet, and I think I know
why... is it possible that the advanced due date modifiers like '='
and '?' don't work properly yet?

The missing tasks all were set to be be due =Today (so they shouldn't
show up before today, but be visible today).

The one that appears and shouldn't yet is set to be due ?Apr 8 (so it
shouldn't show up before Thursday, but if the date passes, it won't be
overdue).

The other due date modifier that I haven't checked is the "due after"
one: '>', where the task shouldn't appear until after the date (this
existed before start dates, but seems to pretty much do the same
thing... although I guess this allows Start Dates to be used for other
things, like recording the start date instead of just hiding tasks
until the start date).

Andy Sadler

Apr 4, 2010, 5:02:41 PM4/4/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
You are completely right about the advanced due date modifiers - these are currently not supported.  So their affect on the TD hotlist will almost certainly cause it to differ on the app's version of the hotlist.  Just to be very clear though, the tasks do exist on the device, they are just filtered from the hotlist 'incorrectly'.  When I say incorrectly, I mean differently from TD website :)  My aim has been to make them the same wherever possible, but until I support the advanced modifiers, they will be differences for some people.

Thanks very much for working this out, I will get around to supporting these modifiers, but they are not in the current shortlist of changes.

Andy

Dave

Apr 6, 2010, 4:35:48 PM4/6/10
to Got To Do for Android
I can confirm that the start dates on my repeating tasks aren't
advancing either, and I'm not using any advanced modifiers.

Here's how TD handles that:
When a recurring task gets completed in Toodledo, the next instance of
the task is created with both the start and end dates shifted by the
same number of days (i.e. if the start date was 5 days ahead of the
due date, then the new start date is 5 days ahead of the new due
date).

Anyways, great job so far. Keep it up!

On Apr 1, 10:11 am, Andy Sadler <a...@gottodoapp.com> wrote:
> Well i never touch start date in repeating tasks :)  What is the TD
> behaviour in this case?
>
> Andy
>

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Josh Morgan <bluaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I went through those tasks, and for some reason the start date was not
> > advanced along with the end date for repeating tasks. When I fixed them,
> > they disappeared from the Hotlist.

This conversation is locked