Sync Problem: "Invalid ID Number"?

John

Mar 15, 2010, 7:42:49 AM3/15/10
to Got To Do for Android
Andy - Just started getting this message. Have attempted to re-enter
ToodleDo log in info, but the problem persists.

Suggestions?

Regards,

John

Andy Sadler

Mar 15, 2010, 8:15:59 AM3/15/10
to Got To Do for Android
This is a sync error being generated by ToodleDo server. It means
that the TD id for a task in the app is no longer recognised by TD
server.

Questions:
1) Are you using paid version (with subtasks support) or free version?
2) If paid, are you making use of subtasks?
3) Have you only connected this install of the app with one TD
account? I can imagine this kind of error if you sync from account 1
and then switch details to account 2.
4) How long have you been using the app successfully i.e. is this just
occurring or did it happen from the outset?

Solutions:
1) Without knowing answers to any of the above, you could uninstall/
reinstall the app to clear the local copy of tasks and resync them
from TD - I am almost 100% sure that will cure this, but of course you
will lose any task templates and other configurations.
2) I will add the ability in the *next* release to clear local TD data
- this will give you a way to do 1) without losing you configurations
- obviously that will not be available for a day or 2, which won't
help you out.
3) I need to try and work out how a task got this 'invalid id',
answers to the questions above would really help.

Andy

John

Mar 15, 2010, 8:52:12 AM3/15/10
to Got To Do for Android
Hi Andy - Answers to questions (with commentary) below:

1). Using paid version.
2). Started to on ToodleDo, but then disabled since I didn't really
like the way TD handled some of the attributes of sub-tasks.
3). Yes only connected this install with one TD account.
4). I was initially successful in synching with this account, but
after I deleted all tasks in the TD account (see commentary below) and
then synched, the tasks did not disappear from Got To Do. After that
I disabled and then re-enabled TD syncing. Then I got the current
error message.

Commentary - Although somewhat familiar with the web app, I wasn't
previously using ToodleDo as my primary task management system. So I
was really taking on the simultaneous tasks of learning both TD and
Got To Do android app. With some of the various sequential iterations
of changing settings, adding/deleting tasks, etc, etc it's certainly
understandable that I good "futz things up" in the sync arena :)

Would be happy to uninstall and reinstall the Got To Do app, but will
I still get the paid version?

Regards,

John

> > John- Hide quoted text -

Andy Sadler

Mar 15, 2010, 2:18:19 PM3/15/10
to Got To Do for Android
I am not familiar with the Android market, but i assume that if you
have gone past the 24 hour cancellation period on the paid app, that
you can uninstall and reinstall it without any issues (and without
paying again!) Please give it a try, if it does end up charging again
(which would just be wrong IMHO) then I will refund this second
charge.

You shouldn't have been able to confuse the syncing that easily! I
will try to add a 'clean' function ASAP so that it becomes a much
simpler task so resolve any of these issues in the future - although I
would really like to be able to work out why it happened!

Andy

Stephen Furcron

Mar 15, 2010, 2:23:29 PM3/15/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

Will you take me off of the auto email list. I'll check for updates
myself.

Thanks

Andy Sadler

Mar 15, 2010, 2:28:13 PM3/15/10
to got-to-do-...@googlegroups.com
I have edited your settings to make sure no more emails come your way.

For others that are having this issue - you can always connect to the google group and edit your own settings to stop the emails - it seems that the group defaults to sending the email to you, I can't see anywhere to change this for new users.

Andy

John

Mar 15, 2010, 2:36:48 PM3/15/10
to Got To Do for Android
Andy -

I uninstalled and re-installed (at no charge - the app library
remembers I bought it) and that solved the problem.

On Mar 15, 2:28 pm, Andy Sadler <a...@gottodoapp.com> wrote:
> I have edited your settings to make sure no more emails come your way.
>
> For others that are having this issue - you can always connect to the google
> group and edit your own settings to stop the emails - it seems that the
> group defaults to sending the email to you, I can't see anywhere to change
> this for new users.
>
> Andy

Max

Mar 19, 2010, 9:53:00 AM3/19/10
to Got To Do for Android
Following the conversation from the Toodledo forum:

Posted by andy:
[quote]@Max - glad you like it, the invalid id issue has been raised
by one other person as you saw from the thread on the group that you
linked. There must be a very small bug somewhere in the sync. It
would help if you could give me some information about you actions.
Do you edit tasks on both the web and the app, or just one or the
other? [/quote]

++ Both Web and Phone at equal frequency

[quote]Do you have a pro TD account? [/quote]

++ No. Basic Free Account for now

[quote]Do you use subtasks? [/quote]

++ No

[quote]Do you use folders? [/quote]

++ Yes

[quote]Do you use contexts? [/quote]

++ Yes

[quote]Did you delete a task/context/folder just before the issue
occurred? [/quote]

++ I don't remember if i deleted or if I just edited a task. But for
sure one of the 2 options.

Thanks!