EEE Pc 900 wireless problems

已查看 263 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

pete

未读,
2009年1月22日 18:03:482009/1/22
收件人 gOS Linux
I've recently installed gOS 3.1 gadgets via unetbooting on my Asus EEE
pc 900
When clicking on the network manager there is no option for Wireless
Networks. If i click on manual connection, there is only 'Wired
connection' and 'Point to point connection' options

I tried to follow the instructions in http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu
which has helped me with these problems in the past with no luck

Going to System Preferences > Administation > Hardware Drivers there
are 2 drivers in there -

' Atheros Harware Access Layer (HAL) '
' Support for Atheros 802.11 wireless LAN cards '

Both of these are Enabled and In Use
Does this mean the Drivers are there? How do i make them an option in
the Network Manager?
I've check if the Wifi card is enabled in bios as this was the issue
last time and was a simple solve and it is Enabled

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to get the wireless working? if i
could do this i think this would happily become my OS of choise for my
eee pc

regards
-pete

ergalassi

未读,
2009年1月25日 10:05:312009/1/25
收件人 gOS Linux
pete,

i manage to fix this problem by installing madwifi driver, as follows:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential
wget 'http://snapshots.madwifi-project.org/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/
madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3917-20090116.tar.gz'
tar zxvf madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3917-20090116.tar.gz
cd madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-*
make clean
make
sudo make install

after that my wireless is working perfectly.

ps: my hardware drivers looks just like yours, however they are not in
use.

On Jan 22, 9:03 pm, pete <cra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've recently installed gOS 3.1 gadgets via unetbooting on my Asus EEE
> pc 900
> When clicking on the network manager there is no option for Wireless
> Networks. If i click on manual connection, there is only 'Wired
> connection' and 'Point to point connection' options
>
> I tried to follow the instructions inhttp://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu
回复全部
回复作者
转发