gOS Dock

lou

Sep 1, 2008, 1:51:00 PM9/1/08
to gOS Linux
How do I add/remove applications from the dock? Thanks.

nearvana

Sep 1, 2008, 3:54:01 PM9/1/08
to gOS Linux
In theory, right clicking on the IBar should bring up a menu to allow
you to add/remove/customise the IBar, as described at
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2687/gos_customize_ibar. However, I
have gOS installed in a VirtualBox VM and right clicking does nothing
until I release the mouse button, when it closes and restarts the
bar. I'd be interested in your experiences.

Nearvana

Kevin

Sep 1, 2008, 4:25:43 PM9/1/08
to gOS Linux
You can access WBar Utilities under the Accessories menu or go and
download this application if you find that one inconevient. Right
clicking refreshes the WBar.

If WBar Utilities doesn't work for you, its still a lil buggy, you can
try WBar Conf which will be featured in the final release.

http://www.ihku.biz/wbarconf/ <--Near the bottom of this page the .deb
file, download and then install

nearvana

Sep 2, 2008, 5:18:46 PM9/2/08
to gOS Linux
Thanks - both worked for me, but don't seem to fit too well with the
simplicity of use that is the aim - you need to know a bit of Linux or
Gnome or something to get it working. I only wanted to drag something
off the gOS app menu onto the bar and had to struggle with search to
find the full path and ...

PS - Sorry about the misinformation in my earlier post: I guess IBar
is now WBar and behaves differently...

mahjongg

Sep 3, 2008, 3:03:19 AM9/3/08
to gOS Linux
Well this -is- still a beta, so hopefully more drag and drop like
functionality will be in the final version (or in a later release).