torrent ID?

deviceguru

Aug 7, 2008, 3:44:00 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
since the download site apparently is munged at the moment, what's the
address for getting it via torrent?

Kevin

Aug 7, 2008, 3:47:50 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
I don't think the devs have any torrents up yet. Please be patient a
new build of the beta is coming with minor bug fixes.

Kevin

Kevin

Aug 7, 2008, 3:51:55 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
I don't think the gOS Devs would recommend using this version of the
beta. You should still wait until the new builds are available for
download via the official site. Anyways though if you really, really
want to download it here is a torrent to the older beta.

http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=5f81baf7d3c294adcfce8504f3d1982ac96fa031

deviceguru

Aug 7, 2008, 3:55:20 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
thanks! I'll try the older beta, and then move to the new one when it
arrives.
> http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=5f81baf7d3c...

Kevin

Aug 7, 2008, 3:58:23 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
Cool, but please DO NOT install this beta to your hard drive as there
will be no way to cleanly upgrade it to the newer beta. Just check it
out from LIVE CD or on a system you may not necessarily use for
everyday productivity. ;-)

obergfellja

Aug 7, 2008, 4:00:34 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
When is a upgradable/stable beta version being released?

Kevin

Aug 7, 2008, 4:06:48 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
I don't believe there will be. Not unless the devs can get some custom
repository or some other means to easily handle such a transition. I
am sure a series of bash scripts could be compiled to do this, but it
may not be the safest route,

gOS 3 is still in an early beta stage, just check it from LIVE CD to
see if you like it then wait for the official release before putting
it on your hard drive.

Kevin

obergfellja

Aug 7, 2008, 4:09:04 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
is there a road map or times table in which we can follow so we can
plan?

Kevin

Aug 7, 2008, 4:15:23 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
Not to my knowledge. But if I am notified of one, it will definitely
get posted here.

Kevin

Aug 7, 2008, 6:22:46 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
A Final Release is scheduled for sometime September. Best info I have
as of right now.

mahjongg

Aug 7, 2008, 8:20:32 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
> A Final Release is scheduled for sometime September. Best info I have
> as of right now.

That would be bad!, a broken release should be fixed in a matter of
hours, not months.

Kevin

Aug 7, 2008, 8:40:55 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
A further Beta will come out in the next couple of days with fixes.

Additional packages and programs may be added that will require
further testing, hence the September date.

mahjongg

Aug 7, 2008, 10:38:56 PM8/7/08
to gOS Linux
Okay, as long as we can get a working version in a reasonable time-
span.

My last download broke off _again_ , and this was the sixth attempt or
so, so I will wait a few days for the next beta with fixes.

How do we know when this version is on the servers???

Hopefully that one will also support resolutions higher than 800x600,
as that is how high this version will go (normally it does resolutions
all the way to 1280x1024 or higher). I also see no support for
installing proprietary drivers, which might be the reason for the low
resolution, "Hardware Drivers" (utility program) just says there are
no proprietary drivers, I don't think the 3D capabilities are
supported. I want a utility to check if that is the case by the way,
now I just try to use chess in 3D instead.