Compiler error ocurred on MSWindows+Cygwin

MATSUMOTO Eiji

Feb 22, 2010, 7:55:18 AM2/22/10
to Google C++ Testing Framework
Hello.
I have a question.

I'm using a googletest on MS-Windows XP with Cygwin.
Recently, I updated from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0.
I compiled test code with compiler option `-ansi', a compiler error
ocurred.

Functions, `fileno', `fdopen', `strcasecmp' and `strdup' are used in
gtest-port.h, are leading the error.
(ANSI-C doesn't define them.)

Aren't there any way to avert the error?

(Sorry by poor English.)

Vlad Losev

Feb 23, 2010, 3:19:54 AM2/23/10
to Google C++ Testing Framework
Hi Eiji,

Google Test is designed to conform to the POSIX standard on UNIX-like systems. It it will likely not work when pure ANSI conformance is expected. I suggest compiling it without the -ansi option.
Regards,
Vlad

MATSUMOTO Eiji

Feb 23, 2010, 7:08:36 AM2/23/10