Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

problem retriving results from google api

12 просмотров

logo...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
2 нояб. 2005 г., 19:02:0702.11.2005

Google api worked fine yesterday but it doesn't return any result
today.
I'm sure I don't over the limited number of query.
Does anything happen? Does anyone have the same situation?

Thanks

greenor...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
2 нояб. 2005 г., 20:09:2402.11.2005
I got the same problem :(

This is that happens:

Unable to perform your search:
com.google.soap.search.GoogleSearchFault: [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=Unsupported response content type
"text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was: ....

ola...@hotmail.com

не прочитано,
2 нояб. 2005 г., 21:07:1202.11.2005
Hey guys,
I got a problem too but not sure if it's the same (but it may be).
It works fine when I compiled my code yesterday.
I'm using C# and when I try to compile my code (which is unchanged from
yesterday) today, The error
"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
system.web.services.dll

Additional information: The request failed with HTTP status 502: Bad
Gateway."

shows up when the compiler reaches the line of "object[] results" in
web reference/..reference.cs

Public GoogleSearchResult doGoogleSearch(string key, string q, int
start, int maxResults, bool filter, string restrict, bool safeSearch,
string lr, string ie, string oe) {
object[] results = this.Invoke("doGoogleSearch", new
object[] {
key,
q,
start,
maxResults,
filter,
restrict,
safeSearch,
lr,
ie,
oe});
return ((GoogleSearchResult)(results[0]));
}

jus...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
3 нояб. 2005 г., 04:39:2603.11.2005
Hi there,

I too got an error with the google api today.

'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Exception from service
object: Problem looking up user record.'

Its been working fine for weeks and weeks. Did they change the API
today??

Justin.

justncase80

не прочитано,
3 нояб. 2005 г., 10:22:2403.11.2005
Hello,
My api code still works fine, I haven't made changes for a long time
either. Are you guys doing all this in Java? I've seen some threads in
the past where the SOAP libraries they're using get "updated" and it
breaks their API connection code. Check out your libraries and ask
yourself carefully what you updated yesterday.

~Justin

Brian

не прочитано,
4 нояб. 2005 г., 18:59:1304.11.2005
I downloaded the google api files but getting some errors. I running on
windows XP and it seems that there is a syntax error (shown below).

What is the intent of the following java -cp command and what are its
parameters -
Directive and Args. I think I am missing out how the command works.
Below is the session on XP workstation....

C:>java -cp googleapi.jar com.google.soap.search.GoogleAPIDemo "mykey"
test test.com
Parameters:
Client key = keyhere686
Directive = test
Args = test.com
Usage: java com.google.soap.search.GoogleAPIDemo <client-key> (search
<query> |
cached <url> | spell <phrase>)

Thanks and please let me know if I have missed something here. Can one
run searches from command line like above. Does someone have a working
example. The example file that comes with the package says that the
package should run as it is.

Carolin...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
8 нояб. 2005 г., 13:05:2408.11.2005
Anyone have any updates?
I'm getting the same 502 Bad Gateway error. I'm using Perl with SOAP
Lite and also haven't touched my code for a good couple months. It
returns a few results, but cops out very quickly with the 502 error.
Has something changed that I need to update?

Ian Hogan

не прочитано,
8 нояб. 2005 г., 19:19:1608.11.2005
I have a similar problem. Some time back I wrote a sample application
for LGX Report (see http://www.logixml.com/ for details - the GoogleIt
sample is bundled in their free installation downloads). Today I was
notified that it was failing, so I investigated and ended up capturing
the packets sent (using YATT - see http://www.pocketsoap.com/yatt/). I
compared this with Python and ASP.NET applications - both of which
worked with the same Google key.
I found that the problem appears to be at the Google end. The MS SOAP
Toolkit (used by the LogiXML application) looks at the WSDL file and (I
believe correctly) says that as the parameter types are fixed, there is
no need to send the type information to Google.

However the other libraries don't make this assumption, so they do pass
the (redundant) type information over. There are quite a few messages
on the internet, besides these ones on Google Groups, about programs
that were working calling the API that are now failing, so it looks
like Google has changed their end to use libraries which expect to be
told the data type for request parameters (rather than using the WSDL
to get that).

I found that I could then get the spelling suggestions call working
okay by creating a local copy of the WSDL file and changing the data
type of the two input parameters from xsd:string to xsd:anyType - this
"encourages" the SOAP toolkit to include the actual type in the request
parameters, and as the rdWsMethod.vbs file conveniently passes all
parameters as strings, then the correct xsi:type="xsd:string" attribute
is included on both parameters and Google is happy!

This workaround doesn't work for the Search method, as it has int
and boolean parameters as well as string parameters, and the Google
code does not know how to convert the strings passed in to the
appropriate data types!

I suggest you look at the library you are using and see if you can
force it to send the parameter types in the call - if that is also your
problem.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Ian.