API Team Not Listening???

1 view

mdje...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2006, 9:58:40 PM2/12/06
I know it's BETA, but come on, this thing has got to get back working
again! If anyone is having the same problem I am having with not
getting results back from Google API (sometimes my results are just
blank, sometimes I get bad gateway 502 error), then please send an
email to:

api-s...@google.com

And if you are too lazy here is some text to send:

Dear Google API Team:

I have enjoyed using the Google API for some time now, but in the last
month or so I have experienced major reliability problems. I would
really like the Google API to be back up and running as soon as
possible. Thanks for all you do.

- YOUR NAME HERE

Hopefully we can get this show back on the road together. Also I'd like
to hear from you if you are having no problems at all!

janine

Feb 15, 2006, 5:23:05 AM2/15/06
I have e-mailed support and it's true that the more people that do the
higher the chances of the issues being sorted out.

When the API is good as gold, it's brilliant and i'm sure that Google
are aware of these issues and working on them. It would be great
reassurance to actually hear that though!

Andreas

Mar 3, 2006, 7:40:30 AM3/3/06
I emailed the support today and received the following "standard"
answer. Im not sure whether this is an actual answer or just a standard
reply to all emails.

Thank you for your note. We appreciate your interest in the Google Web
APIs. Since this is a beta service, we can't guarantee we will respond
every message, but we've included answers to some of our most frequent
questions below. Please scroll all the way down to see if your question
is
answered. You may also want to look for answers on our FAQ at
http://www.google.com/apis/api_faq.html

IF YOU SAW A SERVER ERROR:

Occasionally, the Google Web APIs servers are taken down temporarily
for
maintenance purposes. If you see a server error, please wait a few
hours
and try your query or your license key request again.

IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED YOUR LICENSE KEY:

If you didn't receive your license key, it's likely that the email
containing the key was caught by a spam or bulk mail filter in your
email
system. You may want to check your account's filter to see if the email
is
there.

If you can't find your key, you can have it re-sent. Please note that
your
browser must accept cookies for this process to work. First, visit
http://www.google.com/apis/ and click on 'Create Account.' Fill in the
account creation form again with the same email address and password
that
you used the first time, then click "I have read and agree to the Terms
of
Use. Create my account." Google will resend your key to the email
address
you used to create your account.

If you still do not receive your key, a network or other filter may be
deleting it before it ever reaches your inbox. You may want to contact
your system administrator. You are also welcome to create a new Google
Account and license key using a different email address.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL QUERIES OR COMMERCIAL USE
PERMISSION:

Due to overwhelming demand, we are no longer accepting requests for
additional queries or for commercial use permission.

DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT AND OTHER QUESTIONS:

Unfortunately, we're not able to provide programming support to
developers
using the Google Web APIs. If you need development assistance, our best
advice is to check out the examples in our developer's kit at
http://www.google.com/apis/download.html or search the web for code
examples.

If you'd like to discuss the Google Web APIs with other developers,
please
visit Google Groups at
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/google.public.web-apis

If your question wasn't answered above, please reply to this email.
We'll
do our best to respond promptly. We appreciate your interest in the
Google
Web APIs and your taking the time to write to us.

Regards,
The Google Team

ask...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2006, 11:48:44 AM3/6/06
Guys
Some good news for you..i hv never had a problem with Google Apis
ever since i stared developing my application which i call 'Gabhile 'i
am currently making a site to let people download it ..of course you hv
to get the G-key yourself..

It gives some value added functions on top of Google Search and i use
the application everyday.Once the site is up i shall leave a message on
this forum with the link so that people can download it..

I would also like to hear back from you about new features that you
would like to see in it
cheers
Abhijit