Where can this be practially used?

karan...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2006, 10:00:30 AM11/6/06
Honestly, I don't really see a use to this...

st...@ifeel.freeserve.co.uk

Nov 6, 2006, 11:18:23 AM11/6/06

karan...@gmail.com wrote:
> Honestly, I don't really see a use to this...

music related searches - i like Band X.... find me similar

kenoir

Nov 8, 2006, 4:08:36 AM11/8/06
Really?

No practical use for a bit of software that tells you which thing is
like the others? This service isn't meant to be useful - its showing
off something that is useful elsewhere.

ser...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2006, 7:47:56 AM11/10/06

karan...@gmail.com ha escrito:

> Honestly, I don't really see a use to this...

To generate keywords, for websites and image stocks.

deb...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2006, 3:34:01 PM11/10/06
Its incredibly useful to know which digital objects "belong" together.
What do you mean by useful elsewhere?

deb...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2006, 3:34:04 PM11/10/06
Its incredibly useful to know which digital objects "belong" together.
What do you mean by useful elsewhere?

Aton

Nov 11, 2006, 7:42:56 PM11/11/06
What they are going to use it for is searches like "java"...if you just
searched for "coffee" then it won't give you programing results and if
you just searched for "c++" then it won't ive you the cofee results.

Message has been deleted

adam....@yahoo.com

Nov 30, 2006, 6:42:19 AM11/30/06
I am an America English teacher living in China. I had a student who
is writing a thesis on an English-language novel after the 1950s and
needed ideas. After giving her two examples from books I read, I
couldn't think of anything else. I entered one of my ideas--"To Kill a
Mockingbird"-- in Google sets, and it gave me some more suggestions.

I can imaging how this could be useful for very many purposes.

skva...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2006, 9:30:18 AM12/23/06
Though this one might seem like a toy at first, so what use can Google
sets be, beyound the fun and game?

Few scenarious where you probably can't use regular search for finding
what you're looking for:

1) Imagine you have forgotten high-school trig terms; sine, cosine and
tangent would result secant, cosecant and more math terms

2) birght, cheerful, happy would result delighted, joyful and so on
notice delighted is related to our three terms and the thesaurus
probably won't give you this

This is why i suggest using Google sets

deb...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2006, 1:24:01 PM12/27/06
So not just the sets, but what is not in the sets is just as important.
How far does it go for each Google set to be represented within the
context of everything else?

Aton

Dec 31, 2006, 8:01:31 AM12/31/06
Aton wrote:
> What they are going to use it for is searches like "java"...if you just
> searched for "coffee" then it won't give you programing Aresults and if

> you just searched for "c++" then it won't ive you the cofee results.

Just a note: this is already used in there searches in a beta
format.....it will eventually be used in a non-beta format.

Srinivasula Reddy .D

Jan 3, 2007, 1:56:08 AM1/3/07
I actually know only two or three names of actors of other languages.

By using 'Googel Sets', **I knew the some other names of actors of that
language.

ex: Amitabh Bachchan,Salman Khan,Sharuk Khan for finding other actors
in Indian(Hindi) films.

CC

Jan 6, 2007, 9:33:50 PM1/6/07
I thought it was totally cool for finding all the companies that make a
particular kind of thing (Cars, electronics, toys). That's great for
researching many things in a given class. Or, being a "data freak", you
just have to remember the other names in a set ("I can remember five of
the continents, but what were the other two?" - Okay, so maybe it's
better at brands than geography.) From an identification point of view,
it seems to be a quick way to get other related words/names and a much
better way to find alternate terms than searching the web, viewing a
few results until finding a search term that might narrow it down.

skva...@gmail.com wrote:

> Few scenarious where you probably can't use regular search for finding
> what you're looking for:
>
> 1) Imagine you have forgotten high-school trig terms; sine, cosine and
> tangent would result secant, cosecant and more math terms

nas...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2007, 4:54:45 AM1/16/07
I would recommend a possible development for IA training.

Based on Google Image Labeler and Google Sets, just play finding the
related and un related words, concepts and images.

You could set the initial words. Google sets generates a set from that
initial list. From that set, select the words not related, and insert
new related words. Maybe Google Sets could also show some pictures and
use them for/from Image Labeler.

This way you could aid training Google's IA, our future no-evil
powerfull overlord.

skvasant

Jan 22, 2007, 1:45:11 AM1/22/07
You are right, Google Sets has to grow up. However the topic that you
asked about also was something that is still debated upon. Read this
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continents) wikipedia article for more
info.

There are several ways of distinguishing the continents.
7 continents: Africa, Antarctica, Australia, North America, South
America, Europe, Asia
6 continents: Africa, Antarctica, Australia, America, Europe, Asia
6 continents: Africa, Antarctica, Australia, North America, South
America, Eurasia
5 continents: Africa, Antarctica, Australia, America, Eurasia