You can import/export custom searches

Phil

Feb 1, 2004, 5:48:19 PM2/1/04
I was really irritated that everytime I installed deskbar on a new
computer, or started a new profile, it didn't have any of my custom
searches. Well, I should have been smarter sooner. Using the Windows
Registry, you can import and export custom searches.

WARNING: Making changes to the Windows Registry, if done incorrectly,
can render your computer useless. Make sure ya know what yer doing.

The Good Stuff:

1. Go to regedit and browse to this key -
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\CustomSearch]

2. Select the "Registry" menu and select "Export Registry File..."

3. Name it "customsearches.reg" or something like that

4. On the new machine (or profile), all you have to is doubleclick
that reg file in Explorer and it will import the settings. Viola!