org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModel cannot be cast to org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject

TBirch

Dec 27, 2010, 8:22:39 AM12/27/10
to Google Web Toolkit
It has been several months since I first posted about this issue and
since then I've been waiting to see if any others might also have this
problem but I don't believe I've seen references at least in the GWT
forum. I have seen at least one reference to this error in Helios on a
webobjects forum but without any solution posted that I could find. My
problem is that I can create a new GWT web project in eclipse Galileo
with no problems. But I continue to get this error message when trying
to create even a basic GWT web project in Helios. I've continued,
since I first installed Helios, to get all updates available for
Helios and for GWT hoping to solve this problem without any luck. Has
anyone else also had this problem and if so found a solution? Or does
anyone have any suggestions that I could try?
Thank You

TBirch

Jan 4, 2011, 9:35:08 AM1/4/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I have some more information on this problem. I only get this error if
my workspace in eclipse is named the same as my GWT project. In other
words, if I create a new GWT project and use the same name for the
project as the name I used for my eclipse workspace, I get the unable
to cast error. However, if I create a new GWT project with a name that
is different than the workspace name then everything works fine. This
means of course that any existing projects where the workspace and the
project name are the same will get this casting error.
Could anyone comment on this? Is it standard practice to keep the
workspace and project names different?
Thanks