RequestFactory server-side inheritance

Ruben Leal

Dec 26, 2010, 8:02:45 AM12/26/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm writing an GWT/GAE application with some server-persistent classes
inheritance. From server-side, my inheritance works well, but when I
try to connect my classes with my proxies via RequestFactory, I cannot
send data to inherited fields of some proxies. Example:

// Server side

class BaseClass
{
int field1;
}

class DerivedClass
{
int field2;
}

// client side

@ProxyFor(DerivedClass)
class DerivedClassProxy
{
void setField1(int a);
void setField2(int b);
}

In the example above, Client side code can setup field2 in server
side, but no "field1", inherited from BaseClass.

What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Ruben Leal

Matthew Hill

Dec 27, 2010, 11:45:53 AM12/27/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Probably just an error in your post, but you have DerivedClass extending BaseClass, right?

class DerivedClass extends BaseClass

 int field2;