celltable does not respond to right padding unless text is right aligned

Yan

Dec 17, 2013, 9:08:52 AM12/17/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I am aware of the issue that CellTable vertical scrollbar overlaps with last column, and is trying to add some right padding to fully show the last column.

However, even in GWT showcase cell table example running in Chrome, adding or reducing right padding on a cell makes no difference, however, adding or reducing left/top/bottom padding all take effect appropriately.

I set the cell text to right aligned, and then I can see right padding is taking effect.  Why is that?

With my use case, the only workaround I can think of is to add a dummy column to avoid vertical scrollbar overlapping last column. Any better idea?

Thanks,
yan

Rogelio Flores

Dec 18, 2013, 4:27:03 PM12/18/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
How did you change the padding on the cell? Did you try overriding the css in the default Resources? For example, IIRC, overriding DataGrid.Style css file with this:

.dataGridLastColumn {
   padding-right: 20px;
}

works.