Dropping support for ie6?

marius.andreiana

Dec 27, 2010, 2:22:04 AM12/27/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

GWT 2.1.1 dropped support for firefox 1.0.

What do you think about next GWT release dropping support for ie6?
(while introducing support for ie9 would be great)

Peter Ondruska

Dec 27, 2010, 3:54:42 AM12/27/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
+1 for dropping ie6
+1/2 for ie9 ;-)

Gal Dolber

Dec 27, 2010, 11:15:57 AM12/27/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I don't know about dropping ie6, but Microsoft is really promoting ie9 all over the web. I feel we'll really need that support.. http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=5125&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Milestone%20Summary%20Stars

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Peter Ondruska <peter.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 for dropping ie6
+1/2 for ie9 ;-)

Guit: Elegant, beautiful, modular and *production ready* gwt applications.

http://code.google.com/p/guit/

David Chandler

Dec 27, 2010, 11:44:28 AM12/27/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
See also

http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/2010/12/support-for-gwt-dev-mode-in-ie-9.html

for a workaround to a dev mode issue in IE9 beta.

/dmc

--
David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit

jay

Dec 27, 2010, 2:24:50 PM12/27/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Certainly NOT. There are those of us with customers who (for various reasons of their own) cannot at this time retire IE6.

Luckily, those folks are few, but they still exist.

Thomas Broyer

Dec 27, 2010, 2:42:26 PM12/27/10

On Monday, December 27, 2010 8:24:50 PM UTC+1, jay wrote:
Certainly NOT. There are those of us with customers who (for various reasons of their own) cannot at this time retire IE6.

Luckily, those folks are few, but they still exist.

And they generally are big corporate structures, who pay well ;-)

Brian Lough

Dec 30, 2010, 9:32:49 AM12/30/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
-1 dropping ie6.  Not aware how huge that customer base still is?  It sux, but is what it is.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Peter Ondruska <peter.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 for dropping ie6
+1/2 for ie9 ;-)

Peter Ondruska

Dec 30, 2010, 10:43:22 AM12/30/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I am very aware of that (working for very big bank which is still at IE6)... Something has to be done. And there are already possibilities like Google Chrome Frame.

El Mentecato Mayor

Jan 4, 2011, 3:37:04 PM1/4/11
to Google Web Toolkit
-1 for dropping ie6 (same here; big clients still use ie6--
unfortunately)
+1 for adding ie9

On Dec 30 2010, 10:43 am, Peter Ondruska <peter.ondru...@gmail.com>

markM

Jan 5, 2011, 8:56:30 AM1/5/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Big Pharma still using ie6 too. Moving to ie7 but not there yet.

On Jan 4, 3:37 pm, El Mentecato Mayor <rogelio.flo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Chrome Frame.- Hide quoted text -

Jeff Schwartz