Server Side logging configuration, dev mode

Flying-w

Jul 23, 2013, 12:53:07 PM7/23/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
In my GWT server side, I'm using java.util.logging.Logger for logging.  When I deploy to tomcat I can configure logging through WEB_INF/classes/logging.properties and that works fine.  However in eclipse dev mode, how do I configure logging when jetty is the (built in) webserver?

Thanks
Simon

Thomas Broyer

Jul 24, 2013, 4:15:07 AM7/24/13

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:53:07 PM UTC+2, Flying-w wrote:
In my GWT server side, I'm using java.util.logging.Logger for logging.  When I deploy to tomcat I can configure logging through WEB_INF/classes/logging.properties and that works fine.  However in eclipse dev mode, how do I configure logging when jetty is the (built in) webserver?

In DevMode, AFAICT, it's the DevMode that logs, not the embedded Jetty (in other words, Jetty –at least in this configuration– does not do anything special). That means you'll configure it the "standard" way: either in a global $JAVA_HOME/lib/logging.properties or passing the path to your logging.properties as a java.util.logging.config.file system property; see http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/logging/LogManager.html

Flying-w

Jul 24, 2013, 5:46:06 AM7/24/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
thanks, that's the answer.