MaterialSearch - issues

Velusamy Velu

Apr 30, 2016, 6:23:28 PM4/30/16
to GWT Users
Hi Everyone -

The GWT Material Design is a great contribution.  I'm trying to use it in our project (http://peruselab.com), we plan to release in Aug 2016.

One of the component I'm trying to use is the MaterialSearch.  It's well designed and works as expected. However, the behavior of this is inconsistent across browsers. This may be a known issue but I'm sharing it here for the benefit of others. If anyone has found a work around please let me know. You may verify my findings at the demo site.

Works in
Opera Version 36.0 on Windows 10.x
Safari Version 9.1.x on Mac
Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 on Mac but Version 50.x failed

Works but not as expected in -
Chrome Version 51.0.2704.29 beta-m (64-bit) on Windows 10.x
Chrome Version 50.0.x on Mac failed (Harrrr... why did I update?)
Haven't tried 32 bit version of Chrome yet

MS Edge Version 25.10... on Windows 10 (results list is shown even before start searching)

Firefox Version 24 (yes, I have this version to debug GWT apps in classic mode, occassionally) on Windows 10.x

Does not appear in (actually the search icon momentarily appears and disappears) --
Firefox Version 44.0.2 & 46 on Mac
Firefox Version 46 on Windows 10

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Thanks
Sam Velu

Velusamy Velu

May 5, 2016, 9:30:46 AM5/5/16
to GWT Users
I'm wrong about Opera V36, the problem manifests in this browser too.

I'm surprised seeing no response to my post.  Did I post the issues in the wrong forum?  Should I have reported this as a bug?  If yes, can someone let me know where report this as a bug.

Thanks
Sam Velu

Velusamy Velu

May 5, 2016, 11:17:37 AM5/5/16
to GWT Users
Solved it with a CSS style added to my application.css

.input input[type=search]{
    height
: inherit !important;
}

This correction works as expected in Chrome, Opera, & FireFox.

Mike Warne

May 11, 2016, 1:18:32 PM5/11/16
to GWT Users
*** Did I post the issues in the wrong forum? ***

Yes, this is probably the wrong forum.
GWT-MaterialDesign is not part of GWT.

MIke.

Velusamy Velu

May 12, 2016, 10:25:58 AM5/12/16
to GWT Users
My fault, sorry for the inconvenience, I will make sure this doesn't happen again.

mark kevin ringor

Jun 2, 2016, 4:53:44 AM6/2/16
to GWT Users
This is solved on 1.5.1