configure jetty to listen to normal IP as well

Karel

Dec 25, 2010, 8:34:21 PM12/25/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,

I am trying to get jetty to listen to the public IP of my PC as well.
Right now, I can only access my app through the following urls:
http://localhost:8888/Linegame.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997
http://127.0.0.1:8888/Linegame.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997

But I would like to be able to access the app through the following
url:
http://192.168.0.100:8888/Linegame.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997

This would allow me to forward the port from my router to my local IP,
thus allowing other people to access my app and test it while I run it
locally.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time finding ANY information on how to
configure jetty. I think I need to edit (or create) jetty.xml to
configure this, but I have no idea what I have to put in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kind regards,
Karel

David Chandler

Dec 27, 2010, 11:39:56 AM12/27/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Karel,

You can pass the -bindAddress argument when you start hosted mode:

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideCompilingAndDebugging.html#What_options_can_be_passed_to_development_mode

HTH,
/dmc

> --

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
w: http://code.google.com/
b: http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/
t: @googledevtools

A. Stevko

Dec 28, 2010, 4:03:53 PM12/28/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Also if you specify  0.0.0.0 , it will bind to all ip addresses available.
-- A. Stevko
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." M. Andretti