Download GWT Development Mode plugin for Firefox

webMustard

Dec 9, 2009, 5:56:01 PM12/9/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I am developing on a browser that is not connected to the internet. Is
there a download page where I can download the plugin instead of the
browser trying to do it automatically?

Thank you for time.

rjcarr

Dec 11, 2009, 3:26:42 AM12/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Agreed, same question here. No matter what I do I can't get the
browser to even trigger the download. I assume it is because I need
to run as "no server", but shouldn't I still be able to get it? Is
"no server" even an option for gwt 2? I'm really confused about the
new gwt 2 updates and how closely integrated it is into eclipse.

Rajeev Dayal

Dec 11, 2009, 11:43:03 AM12/11/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'd recommend that you initially have your system connected to the Internet, and when you first access your GWT Application in development mode via the browser, you'll be prompted to install the GWT Development Mode plugin. After that point, you can debug your GWT Apps without having to be connected to the Internet (for that browser).

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:26 AM, rjcarr <rjc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Agreed, same question here.  No matter what I do I can't get the
browser to even trigger the download.  I assume it is because I need
to run as "no server", but shouldn't I still be able to get it?  Is
"no server" even an option for gwt 2?  I'm really confused about the
new gwt 2 updates and how closely integrated it is into eclipse.

Running in "no server" mode has nothing to do with being connected to the Internet - you only need to use that option if you don't want to make use of GWT's embedded web server (i.e. you have a back-end with a specific configuration set up already that you'd like to use).

If the browser is not triggering the download, you may be getting bit by the issue of having a stale hosted.html file after switching SDK versions. This is a bug that we definitely need to fix.

Delete the generated directory in your war folder, and then try hitting your GWT App again. If the download is not triggered, hold down the SHIFT key and hit Reload in your browser. That should force your browser to request the new version of hosted.html, ignoring any files in its cache.

If you have any other questions about GWT 2.0's integration with Eclipse, please do ask. We definitely do not want people to be confused about it :).

On Dec 9, 2:56 pm, webMustard <jwille...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am developing on a browser that is not connected to the internet. Is
> there a download page where I can download the plugin instead of the
> browser trying to do it automatically?
>
> Thank you for time.

Eric

Dec 11, 2009, 1:12:12 PM12/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit

On Dec 11, 11:43 am, Rajeev Dayal <rda...@google.com> wrote:
> I'd recommend that you initially have your system connected to the Internet,
> and when you first access your GWT Application in development mode via the
> browser, you'll be prompted to install the GWT Development Mode plugin.
> After that point, you can debug your GWT Apps without having to be connected
> to the Internet (for that browser).

What if your network can never be connected to the Internet? Is there
anything I could download and burn onto a CD for transfer?

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow

webMustard

Dec 11, 2009, 4:01:42 PM12/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I used firebug on firefox to find where it was trying to download
from. Here is the link:
http://gwt.google.com/missing-plugin/MissingPlugin.html

I using a browser that is not the one that you will be using the
plugin for, as it might automatically install it.

On Dec 11, 10:12 am, Eric <erjab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 11, 11:43 am, Rajeev Dayal <rda...@google.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd recommend that you initially have your system connected to the Internet,
> > and when you first access yourGWTApplication indevelopmentmodevia the
> > browser, you'll be prompted to install theGWTDevelopmentModeplugin.
> > After that point, you can debug yourGWTApps without having to be connected
> > to the Internet (for that browser).
>
> What if your network can never be connected to the Internet?  Is there
> anything I coulddownloadand burn onto a CD for transfer?
>
> Respectfully,
> Eric Jablow

Rajeev Dayal

Dec 11, 2009, 4:20:20 PM12/11/09