ResourceBundle with CSS and obfuscation

Fratelli

Aug 14, 2010, 10:40:44 PM8/14/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,

I'm using CssResource::ensureInjected() to inline my styles into the
host page.

So the thing is: everything worked just fine until I started
redefining some GWT style classes (ie, gwt-TabBarItem). The changes
didn't apply because the names are being obfuscated in the host page,
but the predefined GWT widgets use the unobfuscated names. So I did
some reading, and thought that @external would do the trick. Say:

@ClassName("gwt-TabBarItem")
public String tabBarItem();

But it doesn't. Now it tells me that it failed to resolve the
ClientBundle (CssBundle, in this case).

What should I do?

Best regards

Thomas Broyer

Aug 17, 2010, 11:47:50 AM8/17/10
to Google Web Toolkit
@external *should* work (I mean, it works in my code, in several
projects) but maybe your method confuses the generator (or you made a
mistake in your CSS file).

Why aren't you using a constant in your code for such cases?