2.1 M3 sdk download missing classes

John

Aug 31, 2010, 1:01:46 PM8/31/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I just downloaded the eclipse plugin and sdk for 2.1M3 using the
eclipse software installer. I'm trying to create a simple CellTable
example based on another post (http://groups.google.com/group/google-
web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/85dd53d3183e7b9a) but the class
ListViewAdapter doesn't exist in the the sdk I have ... the only L
class in com.google.gwt.view.client is ListDataProvider - which
doesn't even exist in the javadocs (http://google-web-
toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.1/index.html?com/google/gwt/
view/)

Am I completely missing something or is the download repo for Gallileo
just on the wrong version? (http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/
svn/2.1.0.M3/eclipse/plugin/3.5)

Thanks,
John

chiappone

Aug 31, 2010, 2:44:55 PM8/31/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I am also struggling to get a simple CellTable working with M3.

Javadocs are included with the SDK locally if you need them.

Christian Goudreau

Aug 31, 2010, 2:51:36 PM8/31/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Yeah they changed a lot of thing, I'm also struggling to get my CellTable back to work.

Cheers,

Christian Goudreau

Paul Stockley

Aug 31, 2010, 10:38:32 PM8/31/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I managed to convert my code without too many problems. This release
has fixed a few issues I was having so I am happy.

There are quite a few changes required:

1) thePager = new SimplePager<R>(theTable);
theTable.setPager(thePager);

Now becomes

thePager = new SimplePager();
thePager.setDisplay(theTable);

2) theTable.setSelectionEnabled(true);

Has been removed. I just commented it out and the
table still supports selection. I haven't investigated what this has
been replaced with yet

3) theTable.refreshHeaders();

Now becomes

theTable.redrawHeaders();

4) residentListAdapter.addView(theTable);

On Aug 31, 2:51 pm, Christian Goudreau <goudreau.christ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsubs cr...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Paul Stockley

Aug 31, 2010, 10:51:28 PM8/31/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Ignore 4 above, I hit submit by accident

4) protected class ResidentListAsyncAdapter extends
AsyncListViewAdapter<ResidencyListV>{
@Override
protected void onRangeChanged(ListView<ResidencyListV> view) {
Range newRange = view.getRange();
loadCellData(newRange.getStart(), newRange.getLength());
}
}

Becomes

protected class ResidentListAsyncAdapter extends
AsyncDataProvider<ResidencyListV>{
@Override
protected void onRangeChanged(HasData<ResidencyListV> view) {
Range newRange = view.getVisibleRange();
loadCellData(newRange.getStart(), newRange.getLength());
}
}

5) residentListAdapter.addView(theTable);

Now becomes

residentListAdapter.addDataDisplay(theTable)

6) residentListAdapter.updateDataSize(result.getNumTotalRecords(),
true);

Becomes

residentListAdapter.updateRowCount(result.getNumTotalRecords(),
true);

7) residentListAdapter.updateViewData(startIndex,
result.getRecords().size(), result.getRecords());

Becomes

residentListAdapter.updateRowData(startIndex,
result.getRecords());

8) residentTableSelModel.addSelectionChangeHandler(new
SelectionChangeHandler(){
@Override
public void onSelectionChange(SelectionChangeEvent event) {
}
});

Becomes

residentTableSelModel.addSelectionChangeHandler(new
SelectionChangeEvent.Handler() {
@Override
public void onSelectionChange(SelectionChangeEvent event) {
}
});

I think that was all the changes I had to make.

AlexG

Sep 1, 2010, 9:43:56 AM9/1/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi @ all,

well as already said, they changed a few classes.
Adapters doesn´t exist any more. Instead there is now
an abstract class called: AbstractDataProvider.

It depends on what data you want to display in your
CellTable. I prefer using the AsyncDataProvider, e.g.
make a class which inherits this class.

This AsyncDataProvider is the "new" Async..Adapter.
Just look at the JavaDoc if you want to know more.

It took me about 5 hours to convert my Project.

Good Luck.

Greets Alex

Christian Goudreau

Sep 1, 2010, 10:29:39 AM9/1/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
cool, thanks !

I didn't had time yesterday to look into it further, so now I'll save a lot of trouble and times :D

Cheers,

Christian Goudreau

Thomas Broyer

Sep 1, 2010, 2:15:06 PM9/1/10
to Google Web Toolkit

On Sep 1, 4:29 pm, Christian Goudreau <goudreau.christ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> cool, thanks !
>
> I didn't had time yesterday to look into it further, so now I'll save a lot
> of trouble and times :D

See https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/googlewave.com/w+wMCeF4wiC
and http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/detail?r=8511
;-)