Re: how to install GWT-2.1M3 from zip to eclipse

Nauman Badar

Sep 18, 2010, 8:05:48 PM9/18/10
to google-web-toolkit
Kindly ignore my previous query.

Sorry!

Best Regards
Nauman Badar

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Nauman Badar <nauma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I am new to GWT.

When I try to switch to design view after creating a new popup panel, eclipse gives the following error:

You are attempting to use UiBinder, however your GWT version is old and does not support the GWT Designer hooks required to provide WYSIWYG editing. You need at least GWT 2.1M3 for visual editing, and GWT 2.1M4 to also support the ui:field attribute and the @UiField annotation.

I have downloaded zip archive of gwt-2.1m3 and uncompressed it in dropins folder of eclipse, but the plugin is still not recognized by eclipse.

Please help.

Best Regards
Nauman Badar

Nauman Badar

Sep 18, 2010, 7:45:29 PM9/18/10
to google-web-toolkit

AlexG

Sep 21, 2010, 10:09:04 AM9/21/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Nauman,

you have to configure Eclipse, that it knows, where the jars are, of
the new 2.1M3 library.

Just do it like this:

In Eclipse go to Properties -> Google -> Web Toolkit
Than on the right side, click the "link" configure SDK´s...

In this menu you can add a new GWT "version" ...
in the dialog box, just link the directory of you 3.1M3, than
you can use it, and the GWT-Designer should work.

Good luck.

Greets Alex