GWT Developer Plugin is not found in Firefox

na...@hu.inter.net

Apr 2, 2010, 7:38:30 AM4/2/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I see 'Google Web Toolkit Developer Plugin for Firefox 1.0.7511' in
Firefox in 'Tools/Add-ons/Extensions', but if I start 'http://
127.0.0.1:8888/MyWebApp.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997' I got always
the message 'Development Mode requires the Google Web Toolkit
Developer Plugin' and Firefox wants to download the plugin again.

What can be wrong?

Christopher Conroy

Apr 2, 2010, 1:43:14 PM4/2/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Do you perhaps have the plugin installed but disabled?

--
Chris Conroy
Software Engineer

O.c

Apr 3, 2010, 8:27:30 PM4/3/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I had this same problem.
You need to goto this link
Click the download button
and then click allow.
Regards

Harold Osiloke Emoekpere

Michel Alexandre Salim

Apr 9, 2010, 10:35:38 AM4/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit

On Apr 2, 7:43 pm, Christopher Conroy <con...@google.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 7:38 AM, na...@hu.inter.net <na...@hu.inter.net> wrote:
> > I see 'Google Web Toolkit Developer Plugin forFirefox1.0.7511' in

> >Firefoxin 'Tools/Add-ons/Extensions', but if I start 'http://

> > 127.0.0.1:8888/MyWebApp.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997' I got always
> > the message 'Development Mode requires the Google Web Toolkit

> > Developer Plugin' andFirefoxwants to download the plugin again.

> > What can be wrong?
>
> Do you perhaps have the plugin installed but disabled?

Per my previous message (still pending moderation), here are my
findings:

- Development mode does not work in Firefox 3.6.3:
-- from the system-provided RPM as well as a manual installation of
Firefox from mozilla.org
-- using Eclipse or using the webAppCreator script

- The war target works fine on the same Firefox installation, but this
is really unsuitable during development as the compile-deploy-test
cycle is too long

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim

Matthew Willis

Apr 17, 2010, 11:59:44 PM4/17/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I am also getting this behavior. The plugin acts as if it weren't
installed.

Did you figure it out, Michel?

On Apr 9, 11:35 pm, Michel Alexandre Salim

Chris Conroy

Apr 20, 2010, 10:25:33 AM4/20/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
For those of you still experiencing this issue, can you try checking that your problem persists if you create a new GWT application (e.g. just run the sample app from GPE)?

If the problem is constrained to your existing applications, try checking that your war/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet.jar file is up to date.

--
Chris Conroy
Software Engineer

abustany

Apr 21, 2010, 6:33:34 PM4/21/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Also adding that it works on a 32 bit Firefox 3.6.3, Ubuntu Lucid.
Mine is x86_64
and fails (Fedora 13 Beta).

On Apr 20, 10:25 am, Chris Conroy <con...@google.com> wrote:
> For those of you still experiencing this issue, can you try checking that
> your problem persists if you create a new GWT application (e.g. just run the
> sample app from GPE)?
>
> If the problem is constrained to your existing applications, try checking
> that your war/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet.jar file is up to date.
>
> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

abustany

Apr 22, 2010, 5:53:02 PM4/22/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I also tried with the Firefox plugin from GWT trunk, and got the same
result :/

On Apr 20, 10:25 am, Chris Conroy <con...@google.com> wrote:
> For those of you still experiencing this issue, can you try checking that
> your problem persists if you create a new GWT application (e.g. just run the
> sample app from GPE)?
>
> If the problem is constrained to your existing applications, try checking
> that your war/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet.jar file is up to date.
>
> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

abustany

Apr 21, 2010, 5:48:13 PM4/21/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello Chris
still experiencing this problem with Firefox 3.6.3, and a fresh
example app, even
in a clean Firefox profile. I tried with the gwt-servlet.jar from a
trunk old of ~2 weeks
and it fails too.

On 20 avr, 10:25, Chris Conroy <con...@google.com> wrote:
> For those of you still experiencing this issue, can you try checking that
> your problem persists if you create a new GWT application (e.g. just run the
> sample app from GPE)?
>
> If the problem is constrained to your existing applications, try checking
> that your war/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet.jar file is up to date.
>
> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Andrew Sutherland

Apr 25, 2010, 6:56:29 PM4/25/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I was experiencing a failure to load the plugin too using Firefox
3.6.3 on Fedora Core x86_64 (installed from rawhide)...

I deleted the compreg.dat from my firefox profile to force Firefox to
re-initialize all JS components so that any dynamic linking problems
would be brought to the fore and ran with LD_DEBUG. This revealed
that the GWT library has a dependency on "libnspr4.so.0d" that the
linker was unable to resolve.

I am presuming the library naming is a build artifact appropriate only
on Ubuntu, as the only .so.0d's on my system live in /opt/google/
chrome and just point at the standard /lib64 .so's.

Creating a symlink for the file in my /usr/lib64 neatly resolves the
problem for me:
cd /usr/lib64
sudo ln -s libnspr4.so libnspr4.so.0d

Andrew

On Apr 22, 2:53 pm, abustany <webust...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also tried with the Firefoxpluginfrom GWT trunk, and got the same
> result :/
>
> On Apr 20, 10:25 am, Chris Conroy <con...@google.com> wrote:
>

> > For those of you still experiencing this issue, can you try checking that
> > your problem persists if you create a new GWT application (e.g. just run the
> > sample app from GPE)?
>
> > If the problem is constrained to your existing applications, try checking
> > that your war/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet.jar file is up to date.
>
> > On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Matthew Willis <appama...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > I am also getting this behavior.  Thepluginacts as if it weren't
> > > installed.
>
> > > Did you figure it out, Michel?

> > > always

Lars Erik Karlsen

Apr 28, 2010, 12:38:14 PM4/28/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! This worked for me too.

Created the symlink first but no change.
After deleting compreg.dat and a restart of firefox the plugin
registeret correctly.

- lek

Raphaël Brugier

May 29, 2010, 1:13:10 PM5/29/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

I am sorry but this solution didn't work for me.

I didn't understand if the symlink to create is from libnspr4.so.0d to
libnspr4.so as mentionned there
or from libnspr4.so.0d to libnspr4.so as mentionned in this thread :
https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/msg/4695e012cb9001e0

Here is what a ls -la /usr/lib64 give :

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 29 mai 19:03 libnspr4.so ->
libnspr4.so.0d
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 29 mai 18:38 libnspr4.so.0d -> /usr/
lib/libnspr4.so

I am running on Archlinux 64 bits an Firefox 3.6.3

Thanks in advance.

Ďolík

Jun 3, 2010, 5:04:39 AM6/3/10
to Google Web Toolkit
This works for me too. Fedora 13 x86_64

Sorinel C

Jun 4, 2010, 3:39:33 PM6/4/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Download the GWT dev plugin from here, point #2:

http://ui-programming.blogspot.com/2009/12/update-your-application-to-gwt-20.html

Cheers!
Message has been deleted