A gwt-sample. Integrate Spring, JPA2.

Juan Pablo Gardella

May 27, 2011, 3:06:56 PM5/27/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I wanna contribute to the communitiy with a little sample. I put in https://bitbucket.org/gardellajuanpablo/gwt-sample/wiki/Home

Features:
  • JPA 2.
  • gin.
  • gwt-dispatch. Handlers are spring managed beans.
  • jsr-330 in client and server side.
  • Spring.
  • Spring Security.
  • H2 database.
  • Build by maven.
  • Runnable by jetty (mvn jetty:deploy-war).
  • Autogenerate database by reading domain classes.

Use activity and places.

Regards,
Juan

ricu

May 28, 2011, 5:04:41 AM5/28/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Juan,

Do you know how to manage a session expired situation when using
spring security? The problem is that HTML code is showing in a alert
window every time the spring tries to redirect to the login page.
I don't know how to solve this problem without parsing of the error
message and I'm not satisfied with that solution.

Tnx,
Marko
On 27 svi, 21:06, Juan Pablo Gardella <gardellajuanpa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I wanna contribute to the communitiy with a little sample. I put inhttps://bitbucket.org/gardellajuanpablo/gwt-sample/wiki/Home
>
> Features:
>
>    - JPA 2.
>    - gin.
>    - gwt-dispatch. Handlers are spring managed beans.
>    - jsr-330 in client and server side.
>    - Spring.
>    - Spring Security.
>    - H2 database.
>    - Build by maven.
>    - Runnable by jetty (mvn jetty:deploy-war).
>    - Autogenerate database by reading domain classes.

Juan Pablo Gardella

Jul 12, 2011, 11:50:01 AM7/12/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi folks,

I update the sample. I add an Hibernate Filter, an alternative to DTOs
or Gilead to the solve the problem of serialization in GWT-RPC
comunication. See http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/articles/using_gwt_with_hibernate.html.

With this filter, proxys are put to null and initialize collection
convert to java collections frameworks implementation. For example
PersistenSet to HashSet. With this filter can solve LIE.

Is an alternative to Gilead or DTOs. Other alternatives, I think are
intrusive (Gilead) or generate a lot of duplicate code (DTOs). Is
tested with GWT 2.3.0. Or more complicate as RF. RF is better I
suppose, but to me, more complicated.

Best regards,
Juan

On May 27, 4:06 pm, Juan Pablo Gardella <gardellajuanpa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I wanna contribute to the communitiy with a little sample. I put inhttps://bitbucket.org/gardellajuanpablo/gwt-sample/wiki/Home
>
> Features:
>
>    - JPA 2.
>    - gin.
>    - gwt-dispatch. Handlers are spring managed beans.
>    - jsr-330 in client and server side.
>    - Spring.
>    - Spring Security.
>    - H2 database.
>    - Build by maven.
>    - Runnable by jetty (mvn jetty:deploy-war).
>    - Autogenerate database by reading domain classes.

Adolfo Panizo Touzon

Jul 12, 2011, 12:23:26 PM7/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Interesting! Thanks!.

2011/7/12 Juan Pablo Gardella <gardella...@gmail.com>

El precio es lo que pagas. El valor es lo que recibes.
Warren Buffet

Kayode Odeyemi

Jul 12, 2011, 2:18:49 PM7/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Juan. I hit a road block on this sometime ago. It's good to have this
online. I only saw this implementation in the book Google App Engine Java and
GWT Application Development for the Connectr App sample.

Thanks a lot.
Odeyemi 'Kayode O.
http://www.sinati.com. t: @charyorde

Juan Pablo Gardella

Jul 14, 2011, 3:22:59 PM7/14/11
to Google Web Toolkit
An interensting related thread, GWT 2.4: RequestFactory versus GWT-
RPC: http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/d68fa207e1e36e7e

On 12 jul, 15:18, Kayode Odeyemi <drey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Juan. I hit a road block on this sometime ago. It's good to have this
> online. I only saw this implementation in the book Google App Engine Java
> and
> GWT Application Development for the Connectr App sample.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Adolfo Panizo Touzon <
>

> adolfo.pan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Interesting! Thanks!.

Craig Mitchell

Jul 14, 2011, 11:27:23 PM7/14/11