<super-source/> mechanism and additions

iskandar.z...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2008, 4:27:12 AM11/22/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi, Guys

You have <super-source/> settings in module descriptor. Nice
feature... still requires complicated ant build file.
Can we add something like package attribute to <super-source/> so that
makes package gwt-compilable.
i.e.

<super-source package="x.y.z" />

Example to ant build file can be found at: code.google.com/p/employee-
management-sample.
or refer to blog: http://iskandaronsoftware.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-overdue-dependencies-of-client.html

Best regards, Iskandar Zaynutdinov

Thomas Broyer

Nov 22, 2008, 2:36:03 PM11/22/08
to Google Web Toolkit

On 22 nov, 10:27, "iskandar.zaynutdi...@gmail.com"
<iskandar.zaynutdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Guys
>
> You have <super-source/> settings in module descriptor. Nice
> feature... still requires complicated ant build file.
> Can we add something like package attribute to <super-source/> so that
> makes package gwt-compilable.
> i.e.
>
> <super-source package="x.y.z" />
>
> Example to ant build file can be found at: code.google.com/p/employee-
> management-sample.
> or refer to blog:http://iskandaronsoftware.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-overdue-depende...

I don't understand why you need such a thing...

Put a DTO.gwt.xml in your net/some_application/dto package (no need to
have it in the same folder as your java source, just put it in the
same package by adjusting your classpath):
<module>
<source path="" />
</module>

and then inherit it from your net/some_application/gwt/
SomeApplication.gwt.xml

No need to "abuse" super-source and resort to file copy with ANT.