introducing a marketplace for GWT components & associated projects

Joe Hudson

Jul 25, 2010, 11:57:04 PM7/25/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

I'm a huge fan of GWT and the only problem I have with it is not
really a problem with GWT but with the fact that there isn't a
centralized place for registering component and associated tools
AFAIK. I have created an application to do this which is available at
http://gwtmarketplace.appspot.com

This project is open-source and the project and source code is
available at: http://code.google.com/p/gwtmarketplace/.

I encourage everyone who has a product related to GWT to register it
so it easier for folks like myself to see what is available and be
able to comment on and rate these products.

I would certainly appreciate if the GWT folks would link to
http://gwtmarketplace.appspot.com to make it easier for people to
see. Also, any feedback would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

http://gwtmarketplace.appspot.com

maks

Jul 26, 2010, 4:08:47 AM7/26/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Wow this is nice! keep it up!

On Jul 26, 11:57 am, Joe Hudson <joe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a huge fan of GWT and the only problem I have with it is not
> really a problem with GWT but with the fact that there isn't a
> centralized place for registering component and associated tools
> AFAIK.  I have created an application to do this which is available athttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.com
>
> This project is open-source and the project and source code is
> available at:http://code.google.com/p/gwtmarketplace/.
>
> I encourage everyone who has a product related to GWT to register it
> so it easier for folks like myself to see what is available and be
> able to comment on and rate these products.
>
> I would certainly appreciate if the GWT folks would link tohttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.comto make it easier for people to

Peter Simun

Jul 26, 2010, 8:19:23 AM7/26/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Great idea Joe,

I was missing something like this for a long time. But the
categorization is little bit confusing me.
What is the difference between Libraries and Frameworks, or Tools.
Wouldn't it be better to cover some specific domains in the
categories? Like UI widgets, RPC, security, MVP, etc ?

Thank you again.
Peter

On 26. Júl, 10:08 h., maks <makspaniza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow this is nice! keep it up!
>
> On Jul 26, 11:57 am, Joe Hudson <joe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm a huge fan of GWT and the only problem I have with it is not
> > really a problem with GWT but with the fact that there isn't a
> > centralized place for registering component and associated tools
> > AFAIK.  I have created an application to do this which is available athttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.com
>
> > This project is open-source and the project and source code is
> > available at:http://code.google.com/p/gwtmarketplace/.
>
> > I encourage everyone who has a product related to GWT to register it
> > so it easier for folks like myself to see what is available and be
> > able to comment on and rate these products.
>
> > I would certainly appreciate if the GWT folks would link tohttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.comtomake it easier for people to

Gal Dolber

Jul 26, 2010, 12:08:19 AM7/26/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Nice idea!!
thanks

2010/7/25 Joe Hudson <joe...@gmail.com>

http://ajax-development.blogspot.com/

Joe Hudson

Jul 26, 2010, 10:00:09 PM7/26/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks for the feedback Peter.

I've made changes to the categories that you suggested. That
definitely seems to make more sense.

Joe

On Jul 26, 8:19 am, Peter Simun <si...@seges.sk> wrote:
> Great idea Joe,
>
> I was missing something like this for a long time. But the
> categorization is little bit confusing me.
> What is the difference between Libraries and Frameworks, or Tools.
> Wouldn't it be better to cover some specific domains in the
> categories? Like UI widgets, RPC, security, MVP, etc ?
>
> Thank you again.
> Peter
>
> On 26. Júl, 10:08 h., maks <makspaniza...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wow this is nice! keep it up!
>
> > On Jul 26, 11:57 am, Joe Hudson <joe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I'm a huge fan of GWT and the only problem I have with it is not
> > > really a problem with GWT but with the fact that there isn't a
> > > centralized place for registering component and associated tools
> > > AFAIK.  I have created an application to do this which is available athttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.com
>
> > > This project is open-source and the project and source code is
> > > available at:http://code.google.com/p/gwtmarketplace/.
>
> > > I encourage everyone who has a product related to GWT to register it
> > > so it easier for folks like myself to see what is available and be
> > > able to comment on and rate these products.
>
> > > I would certainly appreciate if the GWT folks would link tohttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.comtomakeit easier for people to

Christian Goudreau

Jul 27, 2010, 7:46:57 AM7/27/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I registered Gwt-Platform and our next project, our consultant firm. You should add a category more specific for team of individuals that want to offer support or consulting services for Gwt.

Great app ! Did you use Gwt-Platform ? :)

Cheers,

Christian Goudreau

Mikael Couzic

Aug 8, 2010, 7:21:43 PM8/8/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I'd like to register a project I've contributed to : GWT-OpenLayers
It's a JSNI wrapper for OpenLayers, which is a web mapping JS library.
I was wondering if a "JS Wrappers" category would be a good idea.

On 27 juil, 13:46, Christian Goudreau <goudreau.christ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > tohttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.comtomakeiteasier for people to

> > --
> > .

Joe Hudson

Aug 9, 2010, 10:28:45 AM8/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm glad to add this category. Done!

Also, I missed the previous entry about the Consulting Services
category... I've added that as well. Thanks for the support of GWT
Marketplace.

As far as using GWT Platform, that is exactly why we need a
centralized marketplace. I didn't realize it existed and I made a
platform while creating this called GWT Pages which I am using...
http://code.google.com/p/gwtpages

Oh, and by the way, the previous link will still work but I've mapped
the application to http://www.gwtmarketplace.com

Best Regards,

Joe
> > > tohttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.comtomakeiteasierfor people to

Joe Hudson

Aug 9, 2010, 10:32:55 AM8/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit
FYI, I'll be happy to make any changes the community wants - I just
want an easier place for developers to find what they need because GWT
is definitely the way to go in terms of web application development.

If anyone has any categories or other requests, please add them here
so you can make sure that I see them (this is the google code issues
browser) - however I do appreciate the additional postings to the GWT
group so hopefully more developers will be aware of it.

http://code.google.com/p/gwtmarketplace/issues/list

Thanks,

Joe

On Aug 8, 7:21 pm, Mikael Couzic <mikaelcou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > tohttp://gwtmarketplace.appspot.comtomakeiteasierfor people to

Christian Goudreau

Aug 9, 2010, 10:38:23 AM8/9/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm not able to edit anymore, I wanted to change ArcBees category and it didn't work.

Anyway, nice job and if your thinking about swtiching to Gwt-Platform, let me know :D

Cheers,

Christian Goudreau

Joe Hudson

Aug 9, 2010, 12:29:51 PM8/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks Christian,

When I get home tonight I'll take a look and fix the problem.

Joe

On Aug 9, 10:38 am, Christian Goudreau <goudreau.christ...@gmail.com>

> > cr...@googlegroups.com>

> > --
>
> --
> Christian Goudreauwww.arcbees.com

mooreds

Aug 9, 2010, 12:32:40 PM8/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Great idea! I posted to my blog about your announcement:
http://www.mooreds.com/wordpress/archives/623 (Could be a source of
more projects to contact and invite to the marketplace).

Hope this gets some traction.

Dan
> > > cr...@googlegroups.com>

> > > --
>
> > --
> > Christian Goudreauwww.arcbees.com

Joe Hudson

Aug 9, 2010, 1:01:36 PM8/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit
That's great Dan! Thanks for the support.

Joe

On Aug 9, 12:32 pm, mooreds <moor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great idea!  I posted to my blog about your announcement:http://www.mooreds.com/wordpress/archives/623(Could be a source of

Joe Hudson

Aug 9, 2010, 1:08:04 PM8/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit
By the way, I like your blog...

It's not just Dan Moore, it's Dan Moore! :)

On Aug 9, 1:01 pm, Joe Hudson <joe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's great Dan!  Thanks for the support.
>
> Joe
>
> On Aug 9, 12:32 pm, mooreds <moor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Great idea!  I posted to my blog about your announcement:http://www.mooreds.com/wordpress/archives/623(Couldbe a source of

Joe Hudson

Aug 9, 2010, 4:00:46 PM8/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Christian,

this problem is resolved now - I've also added a link to the front
page to add feature request or bugs. Thanks for the feedback.

Joe