GWT 2.0 Milestone 1: C:\gwt-2.0.0-ms1\gwt-dev-windows.jar is missing

hezjing

Oct 5, 2009, 11:29:01 PM10/5/09
to gwt
Hi

I'm trying to configure GWT 2.0 milestone 1 in Google plugin following the steps:

Extracted gwt-2.0.0-ms1.zip to C:\gwt-2.0.0-ms1,

in Eclipse 3.5, right click a project -> Google -> Web Toolkit Settings... -> Configure SDKs... ,

in Preferences (Filtered) window, click Add... ,

in Add Google Web Toolkit SDK window, enter
Installation directory: C:\gwt-2.0.0-ms1
Display name: GWT 2.0 Milestone 1

Error: C:\gwt-2.0.0-ms1\gwt-dev-windows.jar is missing

--

Hez

Sebastien

Oct 6, 2009, 12:07:29 AM10/6/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

The announce said the distribution is no more specific to a platform.
So I suppose gwt-dev-*.jar have been replaced by a single and portable
jar: gwt-dev.jar. This change is nice when the developpement te

Sebastien

Oct 6, 2009, 12:11:12 AM10/6/09
to Google Web Toolkit
(a tiny problem of keyboard later ...)
This change is nice when the developpement team is cross plaform.

Due to this change you have to update your eclipse classpath.

Regards,
Seb

On 6 oct, 06:07, Sebastien <chassa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The announce said the distribution is no more specific to a platform.
> So I suppose gwt-dev-*.jar have been replaced by a single and portable
> jar: gwt-dev.jar.

hezjing

Oct 6, 2009, 6:14:12 AM10/6/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastien,

Are you suggesting to update the existing classpath to GWT 2.0 classpath manually?

I'm not sure if Google plugin will solve this problem in the next release?

--

Hez

Miguel Méndez

Oct 6, 2009, 9:41:25 AM10/6/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
We will fix this in the next release of the plugin.  For now, the Google Eclipse Plugin will only allow you to add GWT release directories that include a file with a name like gwt-dev-windows.jar. You can fool it by sym linking or copying gwt-dev.jar to the appropriate name

--
Miguel

Krishna

Oct 6, 2009, 8:51:23 AM10/6/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

According to the announce:

"Known issues

The Google Eclipse Plugin will only allow you to add GWT release
directories that include a file with a name like gwt-dev-windows.jar.
You can fool it by sym linking or copying gwt-dev.jar to the
appropriate name."

Regards,
Krishna

olivier nouguier

Oct 6, 2009, 10:59:15 AM10/6/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Or simply copy gwt-dev.jar to gwt-dev-windows.jar in gwt install dir.
--
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

hezjing

Oct 6, 2009, 11:56:24 AM10/6/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
The problem is resolved by renaming gwt-dev.jar to gwt-dev-windows.jar before configuring the GWT SDK in Eclipse.

It is my fault that I missed the "Known issues" at the bottom of the announcement, I was too excited trying out GWT 2.0

:-P
--

Hez