Hosted mode won't work since 2.0 upgrade

Mike McLean

Dec 14, 2009, 4:17:36 PM12/14/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi All,

Last week, I installed GWT 2.0, Chrome, Chromium and the SpeedTracer
plugin on my 10.6 OS X installation. I also updated my Eclipse plugin.

It was a quick try to see if my current project would keep working on
2.0 when I'd find the time to upgrade and test properly.

Ever since the update, I've been unable to start hosted mode ...

[WARN] Unknown module requested 'missingplugin'; all active GWT
modules must be specified in the command line arguments

I've tried removing Chrome and Chromium; I've removed the 2.0 install
of GWT; I've used TimeMachine to restore my Eclipse installation as
well as my workspace ... to no avail.

Where should I be looking? What's going on?

Thanks.

Adam S

Dec 15, 2009, 5:51:42 PM12/15/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Same outcome here. I tried to swtich to GWT2.0, but my app using
smarGwt
compononets didn't exacly looked as i inteded so i tried to switch
back to 1.7.1
Now my hosted mode tries to connect to some weird site and
keeps saying : "Unknown module requested 'missingplugin'"

Isaac Truett

Dec 15, 2009, 9:38:37 PM12/15/09
to google-web-toolkit
Have you done a clean build and deploy since downgrading? It sounds to
me like you're still using the 2.0 version of hosted.html.

Mike Bedard

Dec 15, 2009, 9:55:15 PM12/15/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I had similar issues with upgrading to GWT 2.0 and the way I got hosted mode to start up agian was to remove Firefox and the .mozilla directory under my home directory.  I'm not sure if the issue has to do with the plugin for Firefox and I really don't have the time to look into it...

I tried deleting the cache and reinstalling eclipse and going back and forth between 1.71 and 2.0, but nothing worked.

My issues was the hosted mode would never call onModuleLoad, so the page would show up with no widgets.  This would happen even with a fresh new Test project.

Also, if you GXT it will not work with GWT 2.0

Good Luck!

Adam S

Dec 16, 2009, 6:52:23 AM12/16/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Copying another version of eclipse worked for me.
After that i retrieved code from my SVN server and everything is as it
was before.

BR

Lucas Ceni

Dec 18, 2009, 10:10:26 PM12/18/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Just update your eclipse gwt plugin that will work.

I had the same problem and now is working on hosted mode.

Shawn Brown

Dec 19, 2009, 4:44:09 AM12/19/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Also, if you GXT it will not work with GWT 2.0

That does not seem right.  It works for me and I can't do magic.  It works.

Zoltán Törteli

Dec 19, 2009, 2:47:28 PM12/19/09
to Google Web Toolkit

John Armstrong

Dec 28, 2009, 1:04:37 AM12/28/09
to Google Web Toolkit
The only way I was able to deal with this exact problem on my macbook
was to

A) create a new project in a new package space with a new name
B) Copy all of my files into the new project
C) put my entrypoint class code INTO the auto-generated entry point
D) Hand tweak my remote services definitions to match the new class
hierarchy

Voila, back in business.

Something is caching at a lower level then the browser or eclipse.
When I downloaded a new eclipse, installed plugins from update site,
attached it to a new workspace and then tried to create an
autogenerated project using the same package/entry point as my app it
would exhibit the symptoms.

Hopefully someone can get a definitive answer to this issue at some
point but its good to be back in development mode after 3 days of
hell.

John-

shortpasta

Jan 11, 2010, 3:29:10 AM1/11/10
to Google Web Toolkit
After downgrading from 2 to 1.7, I got this error when running "ant
hosted":

[WARN] Unknown module requested 'missingplugin'; all active GWT
modules must be specified in the command line arguments

I did this, and my app loaded as expected:
1. Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Delete Cookies
2. Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Delete Files
3. Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Clear History
4. Uninstall the Google Add On for IE via the Control Panel
5. run this: ant hosted