Is there a way to install Google Plugins for Eclipse for GWT 2.2???

Hojoon

May 17, 2011, 2:22:50 PM5/17/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

So I accidentally updated the GWT (as well as the App Engine, and
Plugin) for the Eclipse 3.6 and now my program isn't functioning
properly.
I went and tried reverting to the previous version and that didn't
work.

and since the "http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.6" only shows the
updated versions (wth, it should give an option to download the
previous version) so I can't run my software properly....it keeps
saying its missing some jar files.

So is there a download link for the google plugin for GWT 2.2? Or a
manual way to install the Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.6 (for GWT 2.2),
Google App Engine Java SDK 1.4 (I believe that one is for GWT 2.2),
and Google Web Toolkit SDK 2.2.0 on the Eclipse?

Thanks.

maximus

May 17, 2011, 11:21:49 PM5/17/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Hojoon,

Now what you want to do...get your GWT2.2 working or revert back to
some older version ??
What are the error/exception messages you are getting ??

In eclipse you can install plugins by selecting :
Help --> Software Updates --> Find and Install.

Hojoon

May 18, 2011, 10:18:38 AM5/18/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Maximus,

So what I'm trying to do is to get GWT2.2 plugin to work on my
eclipse. the dl link only shows the recent version GWT 2.3 (and its
corresponding packages).

the error/exception messages that I'm getting is that I am missing the
"javax.validation.Validation.jar" file. Which I believe it went
missing after I let my eclipse update the GWT 2.2 to 2.3

Thank you,

Jeff Larsen

May 18, 2011, 10:29:05 AM5/18/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
the javax.validation wasn't included in 2.2 either, it is now required for the editor framework which is why you're probably running into the problem.

If you dl the SDK and add the validation*.jar and validation*sources.jar to your classpath, everything should work in 2.3.

While it is an added hassle having those jars on your classpath, it gets you is client side validation.