Aunt Rosie for Google Wave - add translation services to your waves! Translate foreign strange language texts to any language, including English ; -)

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Nov 8, 2009, 1:24:25 PM11/8/09
to Google Waves - your wave
First of all: Aunt Rosie is NOT Aunt Rosy by Google. Aunt Rosy still
is in the hospital or something. Until then... Aunt Rosie : )

Official Website of Aunt Rosie: http://andrewhitchcock.org/?post=322

Copy-paste from their website:
" Google Wave Translation Robot
Aunt Rosie — Google Wave Translation Robot
2009-10-10 15:58:10 google

Google Wave used to have a realtime language translation robot named
Rosy Etta. Unfortunately it isn't currently available, so I had to
write my own. I named my translation bot Aunt Rosie after my aunt and
as a tribute to the original Rosy. " <--- End quote.

Some instructions on how to work with the bot, follow below.

Copy-paste, from: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/wave/thread?tid=189c3bc944cf3c46&hl=en
" Developer42 Level 1 10/28/09
Hi guys,
aunt-rosie seems to work, but there's a few bugs in it. . .
To use. . .
* add aunt-...@appspot.com to your contacts
* create a new wave, adding aunt rosie from your contacts
* put some text into the wave in a foreign language - I used some of
the text from here: http://chameleon-translations.com/sample-Zola.shtml
* in the drop down box, select English (or whatever language you wish
to translate to)
Rosie automatically detects the from language, and after a few moments
translates to your TO language (so long as you've put enough text in
there).
It's not quite as impressive as the demo was, but that tends to be the
way. . . hopefully all will be good when wave goes live though.
Hope that helps.
JB " <--- End Quote.

More information here: http://groups.google.com/group/google-waves/t/550e4ab829ff8857
(partly written in Dutch - also gives translation example from English
to Dutch and a suggested, better, translation - in short: it could use
some work but for old-fashioned translating it's great enough).

Have fun and peace!

Devvie

~~~ devnu...@googlewave.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore
persevare
------
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the
GNU General Public License! - (© 1995-1 by Coredump; 2002-9 by
DevNullius)

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Nov 8, 2009, 1:34:01 PM11/8/09
to Google Waves - your wave