Wave-Powered Forum

Andrew Camel

Aug 23, 2009, 9:38:37 PM8/23/09
to Google Wave API
Hey guys,

I have been a developer for the past few days and I think that I have
come up with a great idea. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of
this, but it will be great if we are able to develop it.

So I thought that it would be an awesome feature of google wave to
have it power a forum. Each thread, instead of being multiple
different posts, it would just be a google wave. So, instead of having
to try a discussion by posting and going back to the page and checking
for new replies and while you were posting, you missed a new part of
the discussion, you can post like you are having an instant-message
session and you can also save the posts like forum threads. I really
think that this would be a great use of the google wave api.

If anyone is interested in developing this with me, please feel free
to email me at aca...@gmail.com, message me on this site, or just
post a reply. Thanks so much!

Miki Marsala

Aug 24, 2009, 2:21:04 AM8/24/09
to Google Wave API
Are you in the sandbox? I'm brainstorming with a group of guys right
now the means to use google wave to manage all the content on a forum/
groups/blogs/social networking site. :)

mik...@wavesandbox.com :)
> to email me at acam...@gmail.com, message me on this site, or just

Chris Jenkins

Aug 24, 2009, 2:24:35 AM8/24/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly the same usage I was looking for. I'm in the sandbox now, MrDu...@wavesandbox.com

Chris Jenkins

Aug 24, 2009, 2:34:25 AM8/24/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Check out the groupy bot:

Miki Marsala

Aug 24, 2009, 2:21:51 PM8/24/09
to Google Wave API, Chris Jenkins
I sent you a wave and added you to the conversation wave I have
discussing the best way to integrate google wave into forums with
groups and whatnot (social networking type sites with forum
integrated). :)
Also, if you see the discussion, the groupy bot has been brought up
already. :)

On Aug 24, 12:24 am, Chris Jenkins <digitalp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is exactly the same usage I was looking for. I'm in the sandbox now,
> MrDu...@wavesandbox.com
>
>Check out the groupy bot:
>http://groupy-robot.appspot.com/about<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http%3A%2F%2Fgroupy-robot.appspot.co...>

Ovnicraft

Aug 24, 2009, 2:32:04 PM8/24/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com

2009/8/24 Miki Marsala <miki.m...@gmail.com>

Can you add me ovni...@wavesandbox.com, i am interesting about it :)

--
Cristian Salamea
CEO GnuThink Software Labs

Miki Marsala

Aug 24, 2009, 2:51:26 PM8/24/09
to Google Wave API
Okay, you two have been added to the discussion. Be gentle with it,
it's a rough brainstorming session.

(This is actually the development request that got me into the
sandbox, btw). ;)

I also feel that if we get this done in a streamlined manner and put
up our code... perhaps when sites like myspace/facebook/etc convert to
wave (if they're interested...obviously it'll be a more difficult
transition for them because they'd have to link their old content
somehow and integrate their users), we'll all only have one login for
all of our sites that we go to...one user profile, one login....
it'll be awesome. :)

In the meantime, if we get this done before wave is released to the
public...once it IS released to the public, we'll have sites that are
cutting-edge - since only those of us with the sandbox access will
have this done before the release. :) I think that's a pretty cool
bragging right in and of itself.

Anyhow... behave in my private wave. :D

-Miki

Eli

Aug 29, 2009, 5:55:21 PM8/29/09
to Google Wave API, Miki Marsala
I wouldn't mind being added to the 'brainstorming'..
(fo...@wavesandbox.com)

Thanks,
Eli

Sam Osborne

Aug 31, 2009, 5:23:20 AM8/31/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Can I be added too? I think this is a great idea! Also, Wave in
Facebook: the inline reply/live typing features would work wonders here!

Sam...@wavesandbox.com

Lee Olayvar

Aug 31, 2009, 8:29:18 AM8/31/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Yea, this is the first thought many of us had. At the moment i am waiting for a bit more of the embed SDK to exist. Until then, it still may be possible to do many things, but the integration is poor and all around not worth it imo.

Once the Embed API gets some more love, we'll be integrating Waves into everything hehe :)
--
Lee Olayvar

Eryk

Sep 1, 2009, 8:44:33 AM9/1/09
to Google Wave API
Please add me to the discussion as well, I was planning on getting to
this at some point in time.

eri...@wavesandbox.com

On Aug 31, 8:29 am, Lee Olayvar <leeolay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yea, this is the first thought many of us had. At the moment i am waiting
> for a bit more of the embed SDK to exist. Until then, it still may be
> possible to do many things, but the integration is poor and all around not
> worth it imo.
>
> Once the Embed API gets some more love, we'll be integrating Waves into
> everything hehe :)
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Sam Osborne <sam.tosbo...@googlemail.com>wrote:
>

> > Can I be added too? I think this is a great idea! Also, Wave in
> > Facebook: the inline reply/live typing features would work wonders here!
>
> > Samo...@wavesandbox.com
>
> > On 29 Aug 2009, at 22:55, Eli <eli.fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I wouldn't mind being added to the 'brainstorming'..
> > > (fo...@wavesandbox.com)
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Eli

Beldar

Sep 1, 2009, 10:27:14 AM9/1/09
to Google Wave API, Eryk
Hi, I'm interested in the Wave Forum too, add me at
bel...@wavesandbox.com please!

Javier Fernandez Ballesteros

Sep 1, 2009, 12:17:05 PM9/1/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Me too!!

javi@wavesandbox.com

Thanks!

2009/9/1 Beldar <belda...@gmail.com>

--
Un saludo,

Javi

jav...@gmail.com

Eric Bloch

Sep 1, 2009, 12:36:19 PM9/1/09
to Google Wave API
I'd be happy to be added to the wave as well.
eric....@wavesandbox.com

Thx,
Eric

On Sep 1, 7:27 am, Beldar <beldar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm interested in the Wave Forum too, add me at
> bel...@wavesandbox.com please!
>
> On Sep 1, 2:44 pm, Eryk <e.rykwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Please add me to the discussion as well, I was planning on getting to
> > this at some point in time.
>
> > eric...@wavesandbox.com

Alex Brown

Sep 1, 2009, 5:50:14 PM9/1/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com, Eryk
please add me
thyrt...@wavesandbox.com

Joan Crawford  - "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I spend."

makkina

Sep 1, 2009, 11:24:16 PM9/1/09
to Google Wave API
> to email me at acam...@gmail.com, message me on this site, or just
> post a reply. Thanks so much!

Can you add me fmon...@wavesandbox.com, i am interesting about it
too!

Ciao
Francesco

Francesco Mondora

koni...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2009, 4:13:27 PM9/2/09
to Google Wave API, Andrew Camel
I am also very interested in incorperating wave with my forum. I have
created a website hoping to bring wave users together for some
collaberation. www.wavetable.net. I'll give boards for current
projects and my forum will be going through dramatic changes as I get
wave going with it. Please add me to any relevant wave conversations.
koni...@wavesandbox.com

On Aug 23, 9:38 pm, Andrew Camel <aca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have been a developer for the past few days and I think that I have
> come up with a great idea. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of
> this, but it will be great if we are able to develop it.
>
> So I thought that it would be an awesome feature of google wave to
> have it power aforum. Each thread, instead of being multiple
> different posts, it would just be a google wave. So, instead of having
> to try a discussion by posting and going back to the page and checking
> for new replies and while you were posting, you missed a new part of
> the discussion, you can post like you are having an instant-message
> session and you can also save the posts likeforumthreads. I really

Daniël

Sep 29, 2009, 5:47:43 PM9/29/09
to Google Wave API, Miki Marsala, Chris Jenkins
I would be happy to be added too. I don't know weither I'm way too
late, but I could give it a try

fozzybear

Oct 1, 2009, 6:32:02 AM10/1/09
to Google Wave API
i admin on a few forums and used to run a big MTB forum on the web.
really interested to see how wave develops into this area.

On Sep 29, 10:47 pm, Daniël <egid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be happy to be added too. I don't know weither I'm way too
> late, but I could give it a try
>
> On 24 aug, 20:21, Miki Marsala <miki.mars...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I sent you a wave and added you to the conversation wave I have
> > discussing the best way to integrate google wave into forums with
> > groups and whatnot (social networking type sites with forum
> > integrated).  :)
> > Also, if you see the discussion, the groupy bot has been brought up
> > already. :)
>
> > On Aug 24, 12:24 am, Chris Jenkins <digitalprecip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > This is exactly the same usage I was looking for. I'm in the sandbox now,
> > > MrDubi...@wavesandbox.com

Ankur Kotwal

Nov 15, 2009, 9:48:09 PM11/15/09
to Google Wave API
Hi,

I too would like to join this group. Could you add
ankur...@wavesandbox.com?

jon Donovan

Dec 2, 2009, 10:37:25 PM12/2/09
to Google Wave API
Can I get added to this wave?

Unfroz...@googlewave.com

I want to implement Wave into my MMO forum site. If this is successful
for external game interaction for Guilds/Factions I plan to present my
work to the game developers and show the other factions how to use it.

Angel Marquez

Dec 3, 2009, 6:58:33 PM12/3/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Me too, please.

jsterj

Dec 16, 2009, 3:37:42 PM12/16/09
to Google Wave API
I'd like to be added to. Thanks. I've been looking for a solution
that would allow me to use Wave in place of forums.

On Dec 3, 6:58 pm, Angel Marquez <angel.marq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Me too, please.
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 7:37 PM, jon Donovan <unfrozen....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can I get added to this wave?
>

> > Unfrozen....@googlewave.com

> > I want to implement Wave into my MMO forum site. If this is successful
> > for external game interaction for Guilds/Factions I plan to present my
> > work to the game developers and show the other factions how to use it.

Michael K

Dec 18, 2009, 7:16:53 AM12/18/09
to Google Wave API
I would like to be added too please, if it's not too late. I've tried
searching for this wave, but couldn't find it.

Whichever is more applicable (I guess the 1st):
michae...@wavesandbox.com
mk.m...@googlewave.com

Thanks.

Ahmed Sirajee

Dec 18, 2009, 12:52:43 PM12/18/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Please add me too, I am admin of a number of forums and groups.
I would love to explore a better way to manage them.

Nags

Jan 15, 2010, 4:23:49 PM1/15/10
to Google Wave API
I'm working on a forum and I think it would be interesting to see how
this discussion/wave went. Please add me to the wave please