Google Wave Server reference implementation?

David Nolen

May 29, 2009, 1:21:12 PM5/29/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Curious about the Google Wave Server reference implementation that will be released. Is it implemented in Java?

Thanks,
David

elevenit

May 29, 2009, 3:30:03 PM5/29/09
to Google Wave API
All the talk so far is about GWT being the backbone for this and for
helping to speed the development, so looks like Java is at the core of
this, though the standard Google take on Java (siding with eclipse not
NetBeans for IDE plugins etc...). Saying that Google App Engine
supports Python and Java so you have that choice for coding the robots
- the spec says that at the moment all extensions have to have an App
Engine URL ("Currently, Wave supports robots built using Google App
Engine, the scalable web application environment. AppEngine identifies
web applications using an application.appspot.com web address.")

Brian Kennish

May 29, 2009, 3:47:43 PM5/29/09
to Google Wave API
> Curious about the Google Wave Server reference implementation that will be
> released. Is it implemented in Java?

Hey David, yes. The server is Java like the client.

Gurlal

Jun 18, 2009, 2:43:30 AM6/18/09
to Google Wave API
Is Google Wave Server reference implementation an open source ? if yes
when and where we can download the source ?

Thanks...