cron job not executed

martin sarsale

Oct 29, 2009, 8:41:56 AM10/29/09
to Google Wave API
Dear All:

What I understood from the docs is that I need to create an new python
file that answers cron calls. I created this script, updated
capabilities.xml and app.yml but the cron jobs are never executed
(according to the logs in GAE)

In capabilities.xml I have:

<w:crons>
<w:cron path="/_wave/update_searches" timerinseconds="10"/>
</w:crons>

and in app.yml

- url: /_wave/update_searches
script: update_searches.py

My update_searches.py script has:

import logging
from waveapi import robot
from waveapi import robot_abstract
import sys
json_body = sys.stdin.read()
context, events = robot_abstract.ParseJSONBody(json_body)
logging.debug("raw %s" % raw)
logging.debug("context %s" % context)
logging.debug("events %s" % events)

Any hints?

Austin Chau (Google employee)

Oct 30, 2009, 12:51:20 AM10/30/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
The current set up to execute cron job on behalf of robots is somewhat shaky at times, apologize for this.

But very soon we will release a new mechanism to perform cron-like functionalities.  Stay tuned for updates.

Austin

Martin Sarsale

Oct 30, 2009, 9:53:58 AM10/30/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
But very soon we will release a new mechanism to perform cron-like functionalities.  Stay tuned for updates.

I'm linking this response in my Wave Robots presentation (for BarcampBA) in the slide that says "it's vdry exciting but things are still shaky" :)