Table Vis - Page event?

Michael Neth

Apr 12, 2012, 3:05:41 PM4/12/12
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
So, it doesn't appear to be documented and I've exhausted searching this forum...

Is there a function I can call on my Table visualization to advance the Page when the table is paged?

The simple buttons at the bottom of the table just aren't cutting it, so I built my own paging buttons and page # display. I'm redrawing the table manually and updated the startPage option when doing this. This is super hacky. It doesn't force the "page" eventListener to fire. There's got to be an event I can fire to do "actual" paging right? How else would the included buttons work? Anybody know?

asgallant

Apr 12, 2012, 3:30:05 PM4/12/12
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
I'm fairly certain that this is almost exactly what the page buttons do: redraw the table with the startPage option set to the new page number.  You can fire the 'page' event by using google.visualization.events.trigger (https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/reference#trigger).

Michael Neth

Apr 12, 2012, 6:10:48 PM4/12/12
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Yeah that does look like the way that has to be done, but what a mess. Now I have to manually track column sorting, and even selections it looks like, since we're redrawing the table... maybe I can just invoke the buttons' click events since whatever they are using is handling this stuff already. Thanks for the reference! :)