Issue 48 in google-toolbox-for-mac: GTMiPhone.xcodeproj does not build for iPad devices (iPhone OS 3.2 device)

google-tool...@googlecode.com

Apr 18, 2010, 6:31:25 AM4/18/10
to google-tool...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 48 by dominic.cooney: GTMiPhone.xcodeproj does not build for iPad
devices (iPhone OS 3.2 device)
http://code.google.com/p/google-toolbox-for-mac/issues/detail?id=48

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Open GTMiPhone.xcodeproj.
2. Attach an iPad configured for development.
3. Change the SDK to 3.2 and the target to device.
4. Build and run.

What is the expected output?

Expect the project to build, deploy to the iPad, and run.

What do you see instead?

Errors about the project targeting iPhone, instead of iPad; and armv6
instead of armv7.

XCode 3.2.2 64-bit with iPhone SDK 3.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.3.

Patch to follow.

google-tool...@googlecode.com

Apr 18, 2010, 6:36:29 AM4/18/10
to google-tool...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 48 by dominic.cooney: GTMiPhone.xcodeproj does not
build for iPad devices (iPhone OS 3.2 device)
http://code.google.com/p/google-toolbox-for-mac/issues/detail?id=48

Patch:

http://codereview.appspot.com/838049

google-tool...@googlecode.com

Apr 19, 2010, 11:04:12 AM4/19/10
to google-tool...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 48 by thom...@chromium.org: GTMiPhone.xcodeproj does
not build for iPad devices (iPhone OS 3.2 device)
http://code.google.com/p/google-toolbox-for-mac/issues/detail?id=48

I'd have to go back to the order these get applied, the general config
might come after it and override things.

google-tool...@googlecode.com

Apr 19, 2010, 8:45:51 PM4/19/10
to google-tool...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 48 by dominic.cooney: GTMiPhone.xcodeproj does not
build for iPad devices (iPhone OS 3.2 device)
http://code.google.com/p/google-toolbox-for-mac/issues/detail?id=48

WFM on Xcode 3.2.

google-tool...@googlecode.com

May 31, 2010, 1:32:09 PM5/31/10
to google-tool...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 48 by BitcaBaby: GTMiPhone.xcodeproj does not build for

The issue is OS 3.2, not xCode 3.2

google-tool...@googlecode.com

May 31, 2010, 9:09:38 PM5/31/10
to google-tool...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 48 by dominic.cooney: GTMiPhone.xcodeproj does not
build for iPad devices (iPhone OS 3.2 device)
http://code.google.com/p/google-toolbox-for-mac/issues/detail?id=48

Yes, the issue is OS 3.2. I was commenting that my patch fixes the problem
in Xcode 3.2, re: thomasvl's
comment that the patch depends on the order in which Xcode applies the
config overrides.