Ubuntu in Google Summer of Code 2009

1 view

Varga Levente

Mar 21, 2009, 2:37:53 PM3/21/09
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I was wondering was Ubuntu accepted among the mentoring organisations for Google Summer of Code 2009 because I cannot find it listed anywhere on the GSoC and related sites.  Thank you!

--
Lege, lege, relege, ora, labora et invenies.

k roy

Mar 21, 2009, 3:34:17 PM3/21/09
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Varga,

I am sure I had seen Ubuntu earlier (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GoogleSoC2009/Ideas) because there ideas weren't mentioned on their website earlier, but now that you mention I can't find it either.

~kr0y.
--
~ Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to return --Da Vinci

Leslie Hawthorn

Mar 21, 2009, 4:26:11 PM3/21/09
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 12:34 PM, k roy <kroy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Varga,

I am sure I had seen Ubuntu earlier (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GoogleSoC2009/Ideas) because there ideas weren't mentioned on their website earlier, but now that you mention I can't find it either.

Ubuntu had applied and was accepted, but they have subsequently chosen not to participate in GSoC 2009. You can ask for details in #ubuntu on Freenode.

Cheers,
LH

--
Leslie Hawthorn
Program Manager - Open Source

http://code.google.com/opensource/

I blog here:

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com - http://www.hawthornlandings.org

k roy

Mar 21, 2009, 4:37:12 PM3/21/09
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information, Leslie. Can you tell us if there are any other organisations who have withdrawn from GSoC '09? Also, if any of the rejected organisations will be chosen for participation in there place.

~kr0y.

Leslie Hawthorn

Mar 21, 2009, 4:44:26 PM3/21/09
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 1:37 PM, k roy <kroy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the information, Leslie. Can you tell us if there are any other organisations who have withdrawn from GSoC '09? Also, if any of the rejected organisations will be chosen for participation in there place.

No other organizations have withdrawn. Lime Survey has replaced Ubuntu.

Thank you,
LH