SOC and high school

OK

Mar 16, 2009, 9:03:17 AM3/16/09
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi all,

I have a question if I can participate in Google SOC when I am a
student of the grammar school, but I am admitted on an university for
next year.

Thanks for all answers

Robby O'Connor

Mar 16, 2009, 4:28:30 PM3/16/09
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com

Alexander Pico

Mar 16, 2009, 4:32:31 PM3/16/09
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
You'll find all of your answers here:

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/faqs#eligib
ility

- Alex

OK

Mar 17, 2009, 11:53:17 AM3/17/09
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Thanks a lot, but I had already read it. I hadn't been sure. So if I
am student ( doesn't matter that I am student of the grammar school) I
can participate on GSOC. Am I right?

On Mar 16, 9:32 pm, Alexander Pico <ap...@gladstone.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> You'll find all of your answers here:
>
> http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/faqs...
> ility
>
>  - Alex

David Anderson

Mar 17, 2009, 12:30:47 PM3/17/09
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
If you comply with the age restrictions (I assume you know about
those, since you read the FAQ), I think so. But Leslie will know for
sure.

- Dave

Leslie Hawthorn

Mar 17, 2009, 12:38:58 PM3/17/09
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM, David Anderson <david.jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you comply with the age restrictions (I assume you know about
those, since you read the FAQ), I think so. But Leslie will know for
sure.

Age restrictions and all other eligibility requirements. It's fine if you are not yet in college since you will be attending when the next term starts. That fits our definition of "student."

Best,
LH

--
Leslie Hawthorn
Program Manager - Open Source

http://code.google.com/opensource/

I blog here:

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com - http://www.hawthornlandings.org

Leszek Godlewski

Mar 26, 2009, 3:59:35 PM3/26/09
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
I have a further inquiry in this subject. When registering as a
student (filling in my student profile) and being a high school
student (in my final year, university hopefully the next year), which
Degree option should I choose in the Education section? I've chosen
Undergraduate for the time being, but it obviously doesn't precisely
match my status.

Regards,

Leszek

On Mar 17, 5:38 pm, Leslie Hawthorn <lho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM, David Anderson <david.jc.ander...@gmail.com

Leslie Hawthorn

Mar 26, 2009, 5:44:01 PM3/26/09
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Leszek Godlewski <ineqv...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a further inquiry in this subject. When registering as a
student (filling in my student profile) and being a high school
student (in my final year, university hopefully the next year), which
Degree option should I choose in the Education section? I've chosen
Undergraduate for the time being, but it obviously doesn't precisely
match my status.

This is the correct option, as detailed in the User's Guide:

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/userguide#depth_studentprofile

Leszek Godlewski

Mar 27, 2009, 9:56:22 AM3/27/09
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Ah, indeed, I defintely match this definition of undergraduate. :)
Thanks for your patience.

Leszek