Organization pages not updated?

1 view

Mohammed Gamal

Apr 27, 2010, 8:31:42 AM4/27/10
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've noticed that some organization pages do not display the accepted
proposals and student/mentor maps. Instead the application templates
are those which appear.

Any reason to why that is happening?

Regards,
Mohammed

Matt Madia

Apr 27, 2010, 9:26:20 AM4/27/10
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:31, Mohammed Gamal <m.gam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've noticed that some organization pages do not display the accepted
> proposals and student/mentor maps. Instead the application templates
> are those which appear.
>
> Any reason to why that is happening?

Hello there,

My best guess is that those orgs need to create an "Organization Home Page".
About two weeks ago, Leslie sent this message to the mentors list:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-mentors-list/browse_thread/thread/6bd0145a61d453ad/c5be603615039678

--mmadia

Michael Downey

Apr 27, 2010, 9:31:56 AM4/27/10
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
That would be 2 weeks *and one year* ago. ;-)

Nothing was sent this year.

Best regards,
Michael Downey
OpenMRS Community Infrastructure Team
mic...@openmrs.org

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Matt Madia <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My best guess is that those orgs need to create an "Organization Home Page".
> About two weeks ago, Leslie sent this message to the mentors list:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-mentors-list/browse_thread/thread/6bd0145a61d453ad/c5be603615039678

Mohammed Gamal

Apr 27, 2010, 9:43:16 AM4/27/10
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
One good idea also would be to add a "Mentoring Organization" column
to the list of accepted student projects. This'd make life much
easier.

Matt Madia

Apr 27, 2010, 9:49:25 AM4/27/10
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 13:31, Michael Downey <mic...@openmrs.org> wrote:
> That would be 2 weeks *and one year* ago. ;-)
>
> Nothing was sent this year.

heh, *goes to get another cup of coffee*

Here's the one from this year:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-mentors-list/browse_thread/thread/cf1ca67326b4e1cf/92027712e2c5b36e?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=A+Gentle+Reminder%3A+Please+Update+Your+Org+Profiles

direct link to the instructions:
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/userguide#depth_homepage

--mmadia

Aaron S. Meurer

Apr 27, 2010, 9:49:35 AM4/27/10
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I agree. In the mean time, you can export the csv and look at it in some other program (pick your favorite, or write your own). The organization name is part of the url for each project, and they are ordered by organization.

Aaron Meurer

Aaron S. Meurer

Apr 27, 2010, 9:52:52 AM4/27/10
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Ironically, it looks like two organizations in particular who haven't done it yet are the Google ones:

http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2010/google_caja
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2010/google

I don't understand why Melange can't just have a default page with accepted applications.

Aaron Meurer

Mohammed Gamal

Apr 27, 2010, 9:54:57 AM4/27/10
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't help but chuckle when I found who registered for the Google
OSPO page :D